collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 337
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: McLaren Will Appeal Spa Ruling  (Read 2238 times)

Online cosworth151

McLaren Will Appeal Spa Ruling
« on: September 07, 2008, 07:59:51 PM »
McLaren have said that they had no option but to register their intention to appeal against Lewis Hamilton's penalty at the Belgian Grand Prix after data showed the Briton had backed off to let Kimi Raikkonen through on the start-finish straight.

There are some doubts about whether McLaren are allowed to appeal against a drive-through penalty, which means the Court of Appeal may first have to decide at its hearing whether or not the appeal is admissible.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70404

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steven Roy

Re: McLaren Will Appeal Spa Ruling
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 08:09:32 PM »
I really wish I thought they had a chance with this appeal

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 08:16:38 PM »
As far as I am concerned this whole thing is crock of sh*t, Hamilton won fair and square, I wanted Felipe to win but not like this, and not just for the GG either.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 10:35:10 AM »
Total crap - McLaren should win, but surely Max will make sure the appeal is not even admissable, so it will end there.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 02:12:33 PM »
Total crap - McLaren should win, but surely Max will make sure the appeal is not even admissable, so it will end there.

Really :o

Max step in to sort it out! Unlikely I also thought that having a permanent steward was to give consistancy but it seems not.

I wish I had your confidence McLaren get penalised for complying with the rules and Ferrari dont for not complying in Valencia. (The pit lane incident)

Why is it when we get real racing the officials have to mess with it do they prefer the boring Valencia's of this series?

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 04:35:13 PM »
You misunderstood me Andy - I'm saying that even if there are grounds for McLaren to appeal (apparently there are not, since it was technically a drive-through penalty, which is un-appeallable), Max would ensure that the appeal would not be accepted as valid.

I wish Ali would jump in and sort it all out for us.  Where are you Ali?  I read on your blog that you want to review the incident again before commenting.  There are plenty of shots of it on YouTube (but hurry before Bernie shuts them all down).

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 04:38:28 PM »
I also thought that having a permanent steward was to give consistancy but it seems not.

It depends on the Steward.  Besides, they are very consistant - they constistantly try to make sure Ferrari gets more points than McLaren.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 06:07:27 PM »
There's a scene in Citizen Kane where Kane is running for political office. The morning after the election, Kane's newspaper has two headlines ready to print. One says "Kane Elected." The other says "Fraud at Polls."

Most of the F1 pres can now do the same thing after a race. One says "Ferrari Wins." The other says "Stewards Investigate."
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 08:31:06 PM »
This whole thing is so corrupt. I have yet to hear someone say Lewis did anything wrong, except one of the Ferrari management guys that looks like scrooge with glasses and speaks like death warmed up.

Even Stefano Domenicali was too embarrased to comment, and this on Italian TV. Now Massa says Hami was wrong in trying when he did. Perhaps he is right in that because Hami was so much faster than Kimi in the wet he would have got through on the next straight. Strange that Massa also thinks it's a fair win for him. I always reckoned he ought to have been born an Italian. He's got that sort of logic.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »
This is a good article.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_4117803,00.html

I especially like the end:

"Under the terms of their punishment, they were equally entitled to punish Hamilton even if he brought his McLaren to a complete halt as Raikkonen scampered into the distance."

Online cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 01:04:31 PM »
McLaren have revealed that they were told twice by FIA race officials during the Belgian Grand Prix that Lewis Hamilton had given back the race lead to Kimi Raikkonen in an 'okay' manner.

Martin Whitmarsh said: "From the pit wall, we then asked Race Control to confirm that they were comfortable that Lewis had allowed Kimi to repass, and they confirmed twice that they believed that the position had been given back in a manner that was 'okay'.

"If Race Control had instead expressed any concern regarding Lewis's actions at that time, we would have instructed Lewis to allow Kimi to repass for a second time."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70443
― Bob Dylan

Online Dare

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 07:39:16 PM »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline johnbull

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 08:35:11 PM »
I've just read a bit of an interview with Coulthard where he says Hamilton should not have tried going for an impossible gap.

Coming from the guy who at some time or other has taken out almost every other driver on the grid whilst going for impossible overtake manouvres I am wondering whether this is some sort of joke on Coulthard's part or whether he is actually going senile.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle