collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 399
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 stewards against lewis  (Read 5068 times)

Offline greener_09

F1 stewards against lewis
« on: October 13, 2008, 05:08:01 PM »
Is it just me or is everyone in charge of F1 obviously ferrari fans and doing what ever they can to stop hamilton winning the championship.Im not claiming to be an expert but if the experts on the tv and radio think that bourdais was not at fault when he made contact with massa then how can the stewards give him a penalty thus awarding massa another point.

Offline Warmwater

Re: F1 stewards against lewis
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 05:18:43 PM »
Maybe the 'stewards' are really pranksters, and have a little competition amongst themselves to see how many absurd penalties they can pull off before anyone notices. On this point they are doing a superb job. :good:
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 05:23:57 PM »
Didn't you know that FIA really stands for Ferrari Infernal Assistance? ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »
Being that Kimi didn't receive any favors last year, maybe they are Pro Massa? I seem to remember Bernie or Max saying some nice things about Felipe.
Lonny

FW14B

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 05:56:31 PM »
I think that the F1 stewards are against anyone who is not driving a red car.  Look at the Bourdais incident, they appear to have gone against Charlie Whiting's directions issued prior to the race.  You have to admire their total incompetance.  Doing a great job killing our sport.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 06:10:53 PM »
As Brundle said on Sunday F1 is becoming a nanny state and I'm getting fed up with it surely anyone with any sense can the difference between a racing incident and an avoidable accident.

There should be a campaign to get ex-drivers as stewards. :good:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 06:12:23 PM »
 :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 09:35:36 PM »
Is it just me or is everyone in charge of F1 obviously ferrari fans and doing what ever they can to stop hamilton winning the championship.Im not claiming to be an expert but if the experts on the tv and radio think that bourdais was not at fault when he made contact with massa then how can the stewards give him a penalty thus awarding massa another point.

It's not just Lewis it's positive colour descrimination, any colour is fair game except red.  >:(

Maybe Bernie's involvment in the QPR soccer team has something to do with this, football refs are famous for their bad judgement calls. Unsurprisingly the main beneficiaries, in the English Premier league seem to be reds as well. :crazy:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 09:39:17 PM »
As Brundle said on Sunday F1 is becoming a nanny state and I'm getting fed up with it surely anyone with any sense can the difference between a racing incident and an avoidable accident.

There should be a campaign to get ex-drivers as stewards. :good:

I'm afraid that wouldn't work, because they might penalise red cars by mistake.

What a farse the whole thing is becoming. Last year was bad. This year Max the stripper and Bernie the clown have surpassed themselves.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 08:07:24 PM »
I get the impression that the FIA is against logic even more than it is against the non-Ferrari teams. It's been known to make decisions, particulary at the formal regulatory level, that make no sense and wrongfoot Ferrari (the single wet tyre rule in 2003 being such an example). And regardless of who wins or loses from a decision, the reasoning rarely works using internal logic, let alone in reference to what the situation or the wider regulatory framework demands.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 08:21:32 PM »
When the teams parade their 2009 cars, why don't they all do it together and have every car in a RED livery, the whole of the FIA infrastucture would be left in a permanent catatonic state and then we could get on with real F1 racing.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 08:46:04 PM »
STEWARDS AGAINST LEWIS.

Have pity on the poor buggers. If they don't Max will crack his whip and they'll be out of a job.

Strange how every reference to Max or the FIA reminds one of a circus and clowns these days.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 08:50:40 PM »
Maybe the other teams should gang together and arrange to have the Ferrari paint shop pain all the cars purple by "mistake"...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Cam

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 12:44:55 AM »
Lewis took the front half of the grid off the road with him and in some way affected probably every single car on the grid, how nobody ended up with a broken car or worse is beyond me.

It wasnt as if he made a slight misjudgement and ran a bit wide, he got it so wrong he couldnt turn in at all and ploughed straight ahead across the track.  If it hadnt been a tarmac runoff area he and many other cars would have been beached.

I think it was appalling driving at best and very dangerous at worst and deserved a much harsher penalty than recieved.  Rather than being penalised becuase the FIA is pro Ferrari I think he got off lightly because they were terrified of being seend as anti Maclaren again.

cheers,
Cam
I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 03:45:12 PM »
Lewis missed his braking point and went straight on.  All the others had to do was brake and let him go.  That kind of thing happens all the time in F1.  At the same corner DC had contact with two cars ad suffered a breakage that resulted in a potentially very serious injury.  The stewards didn't bother investigating the cause of that.  If you watch the video of the first corner it is quite clear that Kimi did a lot more to hur Kimi's progress than Lewis and it is also clear that Lewis in ahead before he locks up. 

It was a simple driver error.  Nothing more.  If you want to see a driver force another off the circuit look at the start at Spa last year when Alonso forced Lewis off the road.  No steward's investigation, no penalties.

The FIA is institutionally biased towards Ferrari and it always has been.  Until Schumacher went there it wasn't a problem because Ferrari had been hopeless for a couple of decades with only a minor flash of success here and there which they managed to extinguish with stunning management decisions like sacking Prost.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle