collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 533
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 stewards against lewis  (Read 5060 times)

Offline Steven Roy

Re: F1 stewards against lewis
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 03:58:26 PM »
Being that Kimi didn't receive any favors last year, maybe they are Pro Massa? I seem to remember Bernie or Max saying some nice things about Felipe.

So the ten points he got in Australia in an illegal car were not a help in winning the title by one point?

Offline johnbull

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 06:10:34 PM »
CAM. I hate to tell you this, but you're in an absolute minority this time.

We all saw the GP. We all saw Lewis dive in on the inside - something we have seen at least once from every driver worth his salt. He got it a bit wrong and went off, but he was ahead of the rest, including Kimi. If he wasn't he would have taken them all out.

If anybody caused the mayhem it was Heikki who drove Kimi off.

In my book nobody deserved penalties in that race - not even Massa who TWICE blatantly caused accidents. It's about time we stop this Poo Poo business with the drivers and let them get on and race, instead of trying to fix the results - in favour of Ferrari - every time.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Cam

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 01:15:10 AM »
Johnbull, I’m happy to be in the minority, it doesn’t necessarily mean I'm wrong.

I think Lewis's ability to evaluate critical racing opportunities is questionable, Brazil 07 and Japan 08 are the most obvious examples, and his young (F1) career there are patterns emerging.  There was a lot more desperation about that manoeuvre than a simple racing error or getting it a bit wrong.  It was the sort of thing that a bully boy gokarter might be able to pull off, but in an F1 car he had no chance of success and deserved a penalty for stuffing up everybody else’s race (except Alonso and Kubica of course!)

Sure, Kimi and the others would have been a lot better off just pulling up normally and letting him fly through, preferably into the sand, but they didn’t, I wish they had.  It happens a lot but mostly in a one on one deep into the race where the chap behind is becoming increasingly frustrated and the chap in front is fully aware of what might happen, I don’t think they had enough of an expectation that he would try such a thing at the start.

The only difference between Lewis and the emperor with no clothes is that Lewis is not the emperor yet. 

cheers,
Cam
I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline johnbull

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 07:30:40 AM »
The recent actions by the FIA, stewards, and now even his fellow drivers against Lewis Hamilton stink of RACISM.

I know all about racism because I'm a racist myself - I hate these illegal imigrants infiltrating our country and getting paid and fed for it.

No small wonder I have no faith in the FIA under it's present management.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 07:32:20 PM »
It was the sort of thing that a bully boy gokarter might be able to pull off, but in an F1 car he had no chance of success and deserved a penalty for stuffing up everybody else’s race (except Alonso and Kubica of course!)

The BBC five live commentary during free practise had some interesting things to say.  Apparently Kubica told them he was glad Lewis and the rest overshot bcause he also missed his braking point and would have wiped them out if they had not gone off.

Offline Ian

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 07:37:50 PM »
JB, the racism is the colour of the car, NOT the driver, I think that happily we are all above that, I will applaud a driver whatever his race or colour. Lewis has made mistakes sure enough, tell me a driver that has'nt and I'll give you a million pounds.

Ian
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 08:06:33 PM »
JB, the racism is the colour of the car, NOT the driver,

Can you think of another reason everybody seems so anti Lewis, because I can't.

Heikki's OK, and he drives a Macca. Everyone else is OK. It's just Lewis's blood everybody seems to be after. I would love to believe it's some other reason.

Anyone got any ?
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 08:40:12 PM »

I think it is because he is too fast for them and depite all the talk they could not live with him on equal terms so they are trying to de-stabilise him.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 08:50:09 PM »
Him showing them up is probably enough, but I also guess a lot of drivers saw him crack under pressue last season and are employing gamesmanship to try and do the same this year.

Almost all of them, presently sticking the knife in, have a vested interest in halting a driver who is probably capable of challenging Shumie's record number of titles. How would any of us fancy being second best for the next 5 years or more.

Sure they're all nice guys in F1, you don't get to earn millions and drive the top cars just because your nice you have to be able to win at nearly any cost.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »
JB, I'm not a Lewis lover but it's nothing to do with his, dare I say it(colour), he is a darn good driver, but now I think he is trying to live up to all the hype over him, whereas if he just settled down again he could easily win the WDC.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Cam

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 11:11:30 PM »

Human nature.

People cant handle our heroes being seen to be flawed human beings.  Trouble is we all are and in this www era you cant get away with anything.  I often wonder how certain drviers from the past who are held up as paragons of virtue would look in the light of todays levels of scrutiny.

So when they fall from grace, ( and Im not saying Lewis has, but he is looking a bit wobbly) we are forced to make a choice, and rather than being able to judge events on their merits we either perpetuate the myth and make excuses or we condemn.

I think there is a compounding factor in that F1 fans had to put up with a deeply polarising champion for so long, then Ferdie came along and looked to be the goods, then he blew it and people desperately latched onto Lewis, even further compounded by the fact that he is british.

my 5c worth
Cam
I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline Scott

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 12:28:59 PM »
I became a Lewis fan when he joined the team and Q after Q, race after race, he obliterated the reigning 2-time champion in the same car.  I couldn't care a less if he was chinese, black, or inuit - he got my attention and respect.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline johnbull

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008, 12:53:50 PM »
This is the sort of weekend he needs to keep producing. Being so far ahead of everyone all the time that he doesn't even give them an excuse to complain.

Let's keep our fingers crossed he can repeat it in Brazil.

As far as driving is concerned he is actually in a class of his own. I had Kimi as my favorite to win this year but despite everything - for everything read the FIA, Ferrari, the other teams, the stewards, his fellow drivers, and even Lewis himself, Lewis has managed to stay on top. Let's hope he can keep it this way.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008, 03:36:16 PM »
Am I the only person checking the news sites every hour to see what penalties have been imposed?

Offline Scott

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008, 04:08:44 PM »
No  :confused:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle