collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 387
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11252 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Mercedes to buy McLaren  (Read 10259 times)

Offline Chameleon

Re: Mercedes to buy McLaren
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 02:18:29 PM »

Maybe we should start a new thread on the proposed rule changes.  I haven't had a good rant in ages...  ;)

I can see that it didn't take you too long to settle in here, in our new home. :yahoo:

Oh, the rant will come, John, you can count on that.  All it will take is for someone to start bowing and scraping to the global warming freaks and I'll be spurred into action!  ;)
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline rmassart

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 07:14:14 PM »
Point Taken. So how do we know for a certainty "who is the best driver" Put Sato in a Mclaren or even a Webber/Ralf /Trulli / Barrichello / Button and they probably would be winning too.
How do we ever figure out driver skill ?

In truth, this question can never be answered in F1. F1 is about driver AND machine, not just the driver. I know we would all like to find an answer to this question, but the only way to know for sure is to have everyone in the same car, engine and team (including mechanics and team strategies) - there's so much more to winning an F1 race than simply being the fastest. Kimi knows all about this I would guess!

Offline johnbull

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 07:47:43 PM »
- there's so much more to winning an F1 race than simply being the fastest. Kimi knows all about this I would guess!

I vote this the quote of the day. :good:
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 09:02:21 PM »
Bring back the BMW M1 Procar championship and make all the drivers race not just the top six.  All the drivers in equal cars.

I think it is a certainty that Mercedes will buy McLaren and Ron will be only to happy to take all their money.  I am sure the deal that Manssour Ojjeh and Ron did with the Dubai company was just a way of upping the price and speeding up the offer.  The McLaren Technical Centre must look very attractive to the bean counters.  An F1 team with a very serious measurable physical asset and production car manufacture has to be more attractive than an F1 team in a glorified industrial estate whose biggest asset is people with two years to go on their contracts.  Ron is an operator on the grand scale.

Offline Ian

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 09:08:28 PM »
Possible example :2 times WDC, young pretender, identical cars, who's on top.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle