F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

I love Turkey!

(1/1)

Wizzo:

Well for me the Turkey GP was well worth the 3 week wait, a totally thrilling race from start to finish.

Felipe Massa choked back tears after winning his first F1 race but Alonso had more to celebrate. Alonso held off Schumacher in a thrilling duel over the last 12 laps to take second and increase his world championship lead.  Schumacher had chances to pass, but each time the Spaniard had enough speed to control him. On the final lap, Schumacher tried one more time to pass but came up short at the finish line, ending up 0.081 seconds behind Alonso.  :o Superb!

With Button finishing a strong 4th races don't get much better than this. With only 4 races to go Alonso has 108 points and Schumacher has 96 and the next race is Monza - home of Ferrari, how good is that going to be?  :good:

romephius:
What a race indeed.....i was up until the race finished it's telecast here in Australia last night at 12:30am and it was worth it....even though i only got 4.5 hours sleep before work.....The driving was spectacular from Filepe, much as i despise Alonso, well done to him for a good save against a determined schumi.  I would have like Mark Webber up there a bit more.  And my driver....KIMI.....unluckiest man in the paddock.  I say bring on more races like last night....overtaking, risktaking and a huge undertaking for some of these young drivers.  Thanks for reading my waffle-on guys.

Ian:
Plenty of waffle on here too romephius  :) I wanna go back to Turkey too, Hisaronu, Olu Deniz ooooh I love it  :yahoo:

Ian:
 :yahoo: Yup, roll on the 10th, I'm off work that day and  I ain't missing that one, had to go out so I missed Turkey but Monza I'll be glued to tele on Sat and Sun. Come on Schumey and Felipe, lets have a one two out of you two, but in the right order.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version