collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 371
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

Who's going to be the champ this weekend

Ali
1 (8.3%)
Neil.P
6 (50%)
Neil.P's friend
0 (0%)
Scotty
1 (8.3%)
Slugger[if he runs]
0 (0%)
Steven Roy
4 (33.3%)
undecided
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Ist Annual GP Wizard GP  (Read 13186 times)

Offline Slugger

Re: Ist Annual GP Wizard GP
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 12:06:31 AM »
Cheers Steven.

Someone posted a link to one of the photos with Mr C in it over on sidepodcast.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 12:43:31 AM »
I have spent the last two hours trying to get my computer to play sound so I am way behind on this.  I have read through some of the comments there on this subject.  Some of the comments seemed quite harsh but that is just the way it reads.  The attitude on that site is the same as here.  Everyone gets on well and there is never any aggro.  I think Scott Woodwiss's comment about you getting in trouble if you post the timing screen is him feeling guilty for pointing out the pic of Mr C.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 11:31:45 AM »
This looked (and sounded) like a good event, we should defiantly arrange something similar for next year as we are now officially the defending champions.

Well done to all to attended and especially Scotty,Neil and Steven for their respective positions - way to go boys!  :good:

We all owe Ali a BIG thank you for coming up with the idea and for organising the event, if you're willing ALi then please feel free to contact me at anytime about next year. Thanks to Slugger for his superb pics.

Oh by the way, I have seen a few people mention about me trying to remain anonymous?? This isn't the case at all, my name used to be deleted by an over zealous moderator who seemed to want to shroud me in a cloak of secrecy, a bit like a super hero  ::).

Wizzo (Doug)
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Slugger

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 12:21:30 PM »
Just don't let them see you in a suit without the glasses  8)

Offline Dare

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 02:25:23 PM »
It wasn't me deleting ^%^&*^%'s name,in fact to
prove he doesn't care about remaining anonymous he
gave me this picture of himself to post

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 03:49:13 PM »
No Dare, the moderator I'm talking about is from the very early days and is no longer a mod.

Thanks for the pic, its nice to see one of me looking happy!  :P
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »
Wiz,

I can remeber your name appearing a few months ago then being changed to Wiz.  My understanding was that you wished to be anonymous.  Maybe it was just changed to make it clear who he was talking about.

Offline Dare

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 04:55:38 PM »
I think I may have changed it once.I received
a pm from someone who said the Wiz didn't
want his real name posted :-[
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 05:59:47 PM »
You're both correct Steven & Dare, my name was changed a few months ago and this was due to a member panicking and sending out PM's.  ::)

Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 06:18:21 PM »
Strange, I don't remember that.  :DntKnw:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 06:47:31 PM »
You're both correct Steven & Dare, my name was changed a few months ago and this was due to a member panicking and sending out PM's.

At least my memory is still working.  Everything else hurts after karting on a bumpier track than Singapore.  I thought this morning I had cornered the world market in lactic acid.

Offline Slugger

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 07:51:55 PM »
You're both correct Steven & Dare, my name was changed a few months ago and this was due to a member panicking and sending out PM's.

At least my memory is still working.  Everything else hurts after karting on a bumpier track than Singapore.  I thought this morning I had cornered the world market in lactic acid.

lol  :DD

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 07:00:52 PM »
We all owe Ali a BIG thank you for coming up with the idea and for organising the event, if you're willing ALi then please feel free to contact me at anytime about next year.

You can take it as read that there will be one next year - the track may have been narrow and bumpy, but it does have three things going for it:

a) the karts are fast and quiet
b) the organisers are great
c) it's the only kart track in Birmingham, which means it's the only choice for combining with Autosport International.

There may be other karting events at other times, but the next event to plan is a meet-up for Silverstone. I was thinking in terms of a few drinks and maybe a barbeque if we can find somewhere that allows it.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Dare

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 02:50:14 PM »
I think we owe Ali a big thanks as for Mr big I'm
sure he'd rather remain anonymous

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle