collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 489
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: No Team orders for No 2s -whose kidding whom?  (Read 1079 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
No Team orders for No 2s -whose kidding whom?
« on: December 05, 2008, 08:51:07 PM »
''Only once was I lighter than Lewis'' so Kovi looks for change in McLaren quali tactics according to this report. -- Now is that number 2 status do you think?

Heikki Kovalainen believes McLaren's approach to the 2008 season cost him race wins.

We reported recently that the Finn was seeking winter talks with the British team's bosses, after he usually went into the decisive 'Q3' phase of qualifying with a higher fuel load than team-mate Lewis Hamilton.

Now, in a candid interview with the Swiss publication Motorsport Aktuell, Kovalainen has confirmed that some behind-the-scenes goings-on during his first season with McLaren often made 'good results impossible'.

"Only once was I lighter than Lewis," said Kovalainen "and that was at Silverstone, where I was on the pole. In all the other qualifyings I was fuelled more heavily. I was often the heaviest guy in the top six or seven.  

"

"Obviously this has an effect also in the race," he insisted, pointing out the compromise in track position, tyre wear, and time lost in traffic.

When rumours began gathering pace that Kovalainen's seemingly lacklustre performances this year might threaten his seat for 2009, the Finn said he had no doubt about his position.

"The team knew exactly what was taking place," he said. "If I had been at the front more often, then I would have won more frequently."

"So that's something we have to look at for the coming year," Kovalainen said.

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

TheStig

Re: No Team orders for No 2s -whose kidding whom?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »
I just love a Team Player

TheStig

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 02:37:07 AM »
hahahaha JS and Stig.

Oh no dear old Sir Ron has always stood on the highest moral ground affirming the Team treats its drivers equally and fairly.

He would not lie - could not lie - would he? How could he?

After all he could be stripped of his title "Sir" as a knight of the realm. Oh the shame of it all!

Just shows up the crock of sh*t his statements were over equal treatment of LH and FA.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 02:39:29 AM by SennaMan »
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 11:49:22 AM »
You can twist every team decision into a No1 and No2 argument if you try hard enough.  I can't think of a race where the two McLaren's didn't pit within 2 laps of each other except in special circumstances (changing tires to fit conditions, or replacing a nose etc...), so is Heikki really whining that he had maybe 2-3 extra litres?  He wasn't that often on Lewis' tail that it was apparent to any of us that he could have actually overtaken him, so I don't know what he's going on about.

The comment about they will have to look at that next year is hilarious. 

He IS the No2 driver...that much is apparent in his salary and probably by how often Ron comes and chats with him compared to Lewis.  Lewis is also WDC, so next year will be worse for Heikki rather than better.  If you want to be No1 driver, then prove in testing that you are consistantly faster than the other guy and I bet the team will look carefully at the telemetry and then decide for themsleves.  Whining to the press will only get you cold shoulders inside the team.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle