collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 497
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Where is everybody  (Read 4643 times)

Offline Ian

Where is everybody
« on: December 26, 2008, 04:42:12 PM »
Jeez guys, where you all gone this Crimbo, I'm getting DT's with nobody to chat too.

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline johnbull

Re: Where is everybody
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 04:52:22 PM »
They're all stuffing their faces, and getting p*ssed. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 05:06:03 PM »
I popped on briefly, then went down to Chillicothe to spend time with my daughter, grand d aughter & their family.

Then I went to the AMVETS & followed Johnbull's advice! :D
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 05:14:05 PM »
 :DD Hehe, great one JB, nowt wrong with that is there, was rather p!ssed up myself last night, had a couple of Absinthe shots, that'll p!ss Neil off.

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »
Crikey Ian how did the Absinthe go down? I had to take it easy yesterday, was suffering badly from the night before.

Neil.P

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 05:55:52 PM »
Christmas Eve is the big night for that here. Most businesses have a bottle under the counter for regular customers, like the apricot brandy at the hobby shop and the Jackie D at the tobbacconist. Free drinks at the AMVETS from 5:00 to 6:00, then over to the V.F.W. for free Tom & Jerrys.

Following that, the partying gets started in earnest! :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 06:00:34 PM »
What many of us were really doing. This was always a favorite of my father.

― Bob Dylan

Offline AJM

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 10:20:21 AM »
They're all stuffing their faces, and getting p*ssed. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

it's the done thing...isnt that what Christmas is all about!  :o

Next week (New Year) is the biggest holiday here in Scotland...so much so that we have an extra day off on the 2nd to recover!  :yahoo:

Offline johnbull

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 11:04:28 AM »
Now that, in the words of the inimitable Gerrard Hoffnung we are all
suitable drunk and fed up,
we can get back to normality, which means telling everybody how grand prix racing should be done :good: as we have been doing so excellently over the last few years.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
I've been on every day, but I've been on my Dad's computer and can never remember my password, which necessarily limited my views. Also, I was spending so much time dealing with familial obligations and doing the preliminaries for the online business I'm setting up in the next few days that I've only had about three hours on the internet in the last four days, including blog entry time (signing up to do a blog entry a day in December was not perhaps the best plan...)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 10:13:34 PM »
Online business eh Ali, what you gonna be selling us then. Hope you had a good Christmas.

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 09:03:18 PM »
Yes, do tell Ali - you should run it by us so we can look for glitches and maybe get early-bird specials?  :D :D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 11:23:44 PM »
I will be selling T-shirts, hoodies and similar items of clothing, plus one or two other items. They will have designs that are either cartoons from my blog (I plan for all the ones I've drawn so far to be available at launch) or they will be cartoony drawings I've done based on memorable quotes from my blog. It will, at least initally, be based on my blog because that's what people know me from.

The back-office stuff such as deliveries and customer care will be done by The Printshop. I make a small profit on each item, but the advantage is that the costs for practically everything is embedded into the sale items. It should therefore be virtually impossible for me to make a loss from this.

I doubt there will be any initial discounting because the profit margins are quite small, but I think there is going to be at least one competition to give away a freebie :)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 11:25:27 PM »
I had a really nice Christmas. Quite a few good presents, spending most of Christmas with family, visiting Grandma and my aunt on Boxing Day and even getting to see my brother on Christmas Eve. Plus it was better than last year because Grandma stayed relatively well and nobody caught the norovirus...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Dare

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 12:39:17 AM »
When I first heard of boxing day I had no
idea what it was,I thought you boxed
people who gave you lousy or no presents
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle