collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 481
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: can they get it any more wrong?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline bo bruce

can they get it any more wrong?
« on: March 19, 2009, 06:18:33 PM »
if i read it right, 1 driver could win 2 races... and another and everyone else wins 1... the driver that won 1 then DNFs in all the other races, where one of those that won 1 finishes 2d in the rest, and the one that won ONE would be world champion?!  - what a JOKE... i'm getting so sick of these rules~

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/03/17/fia-meeting-most-race-victories-wins-championship/

hApPy tRaiLs

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: can they get it any more wrong?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:38:45 PM »
if i read it right, 1 driver could win 2 races... and another and everyone else wins 1... the driver that won 1 then DNFs in all the other races, where one of those that won 1 finishes 2d in the rest, and the one that won ONE would be world champion?!  - what a JOKE... i'm getting so sick of these rules~

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/03/17/fia-meeting-most-race-victories-wins-championship/

I think you mean the driver with 2 wins then fails to finish in any other race but becomes WDC. I totally agree with your point though, it could throw up a very strange result at the end of a season.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:06:02 PM »
It's insane but it will only be short lived.  As soon as we have another season like 2002 it will be dumped.

Under the new rules a driver could win 3 races and not finish another race while another driver could win two and finish second 15 times.  How can one win be better than 15 seconds?

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:09:25 PM »
Pathetic ain't it.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 11:12:33 AM »
Schumi pointed out that the other possibility isn't that great, either. We could have a situation where the points are very close, but the Championship is decided half way through the season!

So far, the vote seems to be:

FIA and FOM (a.k.a. Max & Bernie)  Yes

Mark Webber: Wait & see

The rest of the world: This really, really sucks!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 12:57:36 PM »
If it turns out to be a disaster, will they change it mid season?

I'm doubtful of it, but I guess I'm curious to see it play out. 

As for the scenario of one driver winning two races and everyone else winning one, that means in the last race there are 17 possible world champions.  Are you trying to convince me that is a duller race than someone trying to hold on to fifth place?

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 01:14:07 PM »
As a motor racing enthusiast it is each individual race that offers the excitement  not who may or not be world champion. However, it would really annoy me if an inconsistent driver lucks into the WDC. I have done a bit of racing and it is really difficult to get into podium or points positions cosistently through a season where it can be relatively easy to get a few wins at tracks that suit you and your car.
Anyone (Bernie) that thinks changing the regs will result in a driver who is running in second place suddenly finding the speed to go for first rather than settle for second doesn't understand the competitive nature of race drivers. Drivers have gone for first even when threatened with the sack for overtaking their team mate!! All drivers want first place at every race, not because it may make a difference to the overall championship.
The points system has worked perfectly for years and it should be left as it was.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 03:42:55 PM »
The points system has worked perfectly for years and it should be left as it was.

We do have to make sure it's not too much like NASCAR where you get points for showing up.  Going Back to 10-6-4-3-2-1 would probably be the best way to go.  That's the system that always worked!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle