collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 500
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Schumacher questions Vettel penalty  (Read 1806 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Schumacher questions Vettel penalty
« on: March 30, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »

If Schumi reckons Vettel is in the clear he must be, after all Schumi knows more than a thing or two about dodgy manoevers to prevent overtaking.   ;)

Michael Schumacher in Australia questioned the stewards' decision to penalise his countryman Sebastian Vettel.

Vettel, driving for Red Bull, apologised to his team and BMW's Robert Kubica for the crash near the end of the 2009 season opener.

The 21-year-old was also quoted by media as calling himself "an idiot", and it is believed he was equally as frank during the stewards' inquiry.

However, not everyone agreed that Vettel was entirely to blame, as he tried to defend his second place to the charging Kubica.

"He (Vettel) was on the inside - he couldn't make his car dissolve into thin air," Ferrari advisor and seven time world champion Schumacher said at Albert Park, according to Germany's Bild newspaper. 

1982 world champion Keke Rosberg remarked that Vettel may have been penalised because he is an overly "honest chap".

Stewards ruled that he caused the crash and ordered Vettel to start ten places lower than his qualifying position in Malaysia this weekend.

"I think it's hard but we just have to accept it," Sebastian said.

Source GMM
© CAPSIS International

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Steven Roy

Re: Schumacher questions Vettel penalty
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 11:24:28 PM »
I am not going to give Schumacher any credence since he has a whole litany of original interpretations of incidents.  However for me the incident was simply a racing incident and not worth a penalty.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 08:59:59 AM »
I am not going to give Schumacher any credence since he has a whole litany of original interpretations of incidents.  However for me the incident was simply a racing incident and not worth a penalty.

hear, hear! SV had the inside line and RK crowded him - they will be more sensible next time
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 10:16:48 PM »
I second all of that.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 07:21:15 AM »
Absolutely. Bernie says he wants to see the drivers race hard for the win, but as soon as someone actually puts it on the line they squash him.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 11:50:46 AM »
Absolutely. Bernie says he wants to see the drivers race hard for the win, but as soon as someone actually puts it on the line they squash him.

Lonny

exactly Lonny - both guys are talented "racers" which F1 really needs - they will have wiser heads next time.
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 08:45:40 PM »
None will be as great as Schumacher. M
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 09:14:54 PM »
Doesn't the title of this thread remind you of pots and kettles !!! :DntKnw:
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 07:42:26 AM »
Indeed. I have little respect for MS. After all he won most of his races in the best car(just like Hill). James Dell Clark was the best.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline johnbull

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 02:16:02 PM »
Indeed. I have little respect for MS. After all he won most of his races in the best car(just like Hill). James Dell Clark was the best.

Lonny

I'm a great Jimmy fan too. Best there ever was.

Back to Shumi, I don't know what he's doing on the Ferrari pit wall, but I hope it's nothing to do with working out their strategies.

Ferrari's strategies went out with Ross Brawn.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 08:45:54 PM »
Ferrari's strategies went out with Ross Brawn.

Hehe, that's been pretty obvious.  Another magical strategy pulled from his hat.  Way to go Ross, you make the rest of them look pretty stupid (although tomorrow the Swiss will be saying Sauber mastered the strategy in KL).  Although I felt sorry for Kimi, but it got a chuckle when he radio'd in and said his tires were destroyed a few laps after they put intermediates on him, when the rain actually started - Ferrari are just flailing around ever since Ross left. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle