collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 557
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Briatore criticism dismissed by Brawn  (Read 3200 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Briatore criticism dismissed by Brawn
« on: March 29, 2009, 09:28:50 AM »

Old sourpuss Flavio is at it again, talk about bad loser. >:(

Ross Brawn has put Flavio Briatore's stinging criticism of him down to 'emotions' after the Renault team chief hit out at the Briton for his role in Formula 1's diffuser controversy.

Briatore has been left furious about the diffuser dispute that overshadowed the build-up to the Australian Grand Prix, and is especially angry that Brawn - who is head of FOTA's technical commission - did not sort the matter out before this weekend.

The Renault boss told the Italian media: "We've known for two months that there was this problem and someone should have done something about it. I don't like the behaviour of the FOTA technical delegate, who should have reported this thing immediately.

"Brawn should have been fair. Three months ago he should have come to us to tell us there are two interpretations over the diffusers. When I go to the FIA or to [Bernie] Ecclestone, I go in the name of the FOTA, not Renault's. I don't like the fact that a FOTA representative didn't relate things transparently."

When asked by AUTOSPORT whether he was surprised about Briatore's comments, Brawn said: "I think they were a bit emotional. I think if he takes a step back and thinks about it, they were not very logical and a bit emotional.

"Clearly he's got a bit of a challenge with the team at the moment and he's firing out in every direction."

Briatore remains unhappy about the diffuser situation, however, and has echoed comments from BMW motorsport director Mario Theissen that the designs could herald a return of ground effect.

"Since Mosley became president of the FIA, each change in regulations has been done to reduce speed and to disallow a return of ground effect and mini skirts," added Briatore.

"Instead, by allowing this kind of diffuser, the possibility of obtaining an extraordinary ground effect has been allowed. What they have done isn't following the principles of the rules.

"This is an ironic situation: we had already been forced by a team to use the KERS, we've spent crazy amounts of money, we have it while that team doesn't [on Robert Kubica's car]. Going this direction, at Barcelona we'll all have ground effect, but we'll have to re-do half the car. And then they talk about cutting costs...

"With this solution you gain 14% aerodynamic load: give us a few months and we'll gain 30-40%, and the lap times will decrease by two seconds.

"The truth is that when Charlie Whiting was asked for an opinion over the legality of the solution, he wasn't told the entire truth. I think he got fooled by those bandits, the sporting directors.

"If 70% of the teams has followed an interpretation, and in this 70% there are all the teams that have won the titles in the last few years, then that must mean something, no?

"Brawn no, he has never won titles, because those were won by Jean Todt and Stefano Domenicali, Flavio Briatore and Ron Dennis. Anyway, to make us give up they have to kill us. We're going all the way."

By Jonathan Noble and Michele Lostia, Today Autosport.com

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

Re: Briatore criticism dismissed by Brawn
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 09:44:28 AM »
Talk about serious sour grapes or what
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 07:32:58 PM »
Brawn was never a part of MS's 7 titles

I never knew Todt played such a important role
in the design of the Ferrari's
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 07:54:34 PM »
I expect that kind of nonsense from Blabbio, but not from Mario Theissen. Perhaps he was still emotional about the Kubica - Vettel incident.

I just hope the whole thing doesn't get overturned in Paris on the 14th.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 06:57:54 AM »
My fantasy is that if the diffuser 3 are found illegal, they immediately withdraw from racing since their cars are outlawed and with the testing ban in place they cannot develop a legal replacement. Then Bernie and Max will have to explain why there are only 14 cars on the grid and why they didn't act to diffuse the situation before the season started. Flavio is clearly upset that his boys didn't think of it first. Renault have produced their 3rd straight stinker, haven't they? No wonder Alonso wants to drive for someone else (tho Ferrari isn't looking too bright at the moment either).

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 01:56:39 PM »
Since the Sennaman has objected to constant mis-spelling of Jenson Button's first name, I feel that I can mention that the word you're looking for in this context is "defuse", not "diffuse".  "Diffuse" is not even a verb, it's an adjective (for those who remember such things from schooldays).

Sorry to point it out and you're welcome to ignore me if you wish, but I thought it worth observing that, if we start to get picky about grammar and spelling, I would be so busy pointing out errors that I wouldn't get time to comment myself.

And we all know how much we'd hate that!  :D

Note:  For the sake of clarity, I should stress that the last sentence is intended as self-deprecatory sarcasm only.  I really doubt that any of my comments would be missed at all!
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline johnbull

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
Since the Sennaman has objected to constant mis-spelling of Jenson Button's first name, I feel that I can mention that the word you're looking for in this context is "defuse", not "diffuse".  "Diffuse" is not even a verb, it's an adjective (for those who remember such things from schooldays).

Sorry to point it out and you're welcome to ignore me if you wish, but I thought it worth observing that, if we start to get picky about grammar and spelling, I would be so busy pointing out errors that I wouldn't get time to comment myself.

And we all know how much we'd hate that!  :D

Note:  For the sake of clarity, I should stress that the last sentence is intended as self-deprecatory sarcasm only.  I really doubt that any of my comments would be missed at all!

You want to see some of the posts in our club forum Chammy. Now there's some real lousy spelling, grammar, the lot.

Are we getting old, or what !
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 10:09:47 PM »
The trouble now JB is that schools don't seem to bother too much about it.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 07:10:58 AM »
It was a joke son, a play on words. Obviously a poor one.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 10:36:08 AM »
"Diffuse" is not even a verb, it's an adjective {Chameleon - 4 comments ago}

"Diffuse" can be a verb and an adjective, depending on context. "Diffuse" as a verb means to spread out. "Diffuse" as an adjective means either the state of being spread out or long-windedness.

Though in this case, "defuse" is the correct term, meaning "to reduce tension" or "make harmless". Or it would be were it not a deliberate pun ;)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »
SON..........you young pup Ilk

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 07:39:43 AM »
Ian if you are older than I am, you are truly ancient!! :D

Lonny
Lonny

Offline johnbull

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 02:17:45 PM »
Ian if you are older than I am, you are truly ancient!! :D

Lonny

You mean we've got another geriatric in here ! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 06:21:20 PM »
Lonny, I make geriatrics look young.  :DD

Ian

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 12:18:48 PM »
That's true. Ian used to babysit Methuselah.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle