collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 357
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Where's Ian  (Read 4004 times)

Online Dare

Where's Ian
« on: April 26, 2009, 05:36:24 PM »
You have us worried Ian.Hope your ok
and get back with us soon

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Steven Roy

Re: Where's Ian
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »
I haven't been round much recently so hadn't even noticed Ian was missing.  Hope you are OK Ian.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 08:05:13 PM »
I think Neil said he knows Ian outside the forum...any ideas Neil?
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 08:12:29 PM »
No Scotty I didn't know Ian before the forum unfortunately. I've no idea where the old chap is, I must say it is rather out of character too. Hope he's OK.

Neil.P

Offline romephius

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 09:53:26 PM »
Add my voice of concern too.  I've sent Ian an e-mail so if I get anything back I'll let you know, but I suspect some of you also have e-mailed him.

Let's hope our mate returns soon.

Rom  :'(

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 10:06:45 PM »

Lets hope it's just the internet or phone line conection that's down and not Ian himself.

BT managed to shut off my phone line on two separate days in the last 2 weeks, luckily they have solved the technical probs but I was off in total for about 3 days. Yeah I know it takes 3 days for a cheque to clear but it was them, honest guv!
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 10:07:57 PM »
No reply to my email sent a couple of days ago, I hope he hasn't been groomed by a 21 year old woman and run off to France with her. I think I'll send him an invoice - that will get his attention.

Seriously, I'm as concerned as you guys. I will drop him a note from us all and keep you informed of any replies.
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline romephius

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 07:06:49 AM »
Hmmm.... now I'm really concerned... I got a delivery failure on the e-mail address he gave me a long time ago... I used to receive fairly regular jokes too spicy for general comsumption on the site from Ian.... but now... all is quiet on the western front.

I do hope our champ and good friend is ok and just having internet difficulties.

Rom

Online Dare

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 02:39:38 PM »
I got the delivery failure message too Rom.I've gotten it in
the past when emailing Ian but the thing that worries me
is in the past when Ian had net problems he always found
a way to make his GG bets
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 01:25:42 PM »
Just to keep you guys up to date: I have sent a letter to Ians house with several options of contacting me directly. He would have recieved this yesterday/today so hopefully I will hear from him soon.

I'll keep you informed.

Wizzo
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Online cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 01:28:31 PM »
Thanks, Wizzo. We've all been worried.

Today is Ian's birthday. Maybe he just started the party early.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Dare

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »
good one,thanks Wiz

Offline romephius

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 01:38:53 PM »
Thanks Wiz,

It would certainly settle my mind knowing something.... let's hope it's all good.

Rom,

Missing my GG challenger.....

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 07:06:47 PM »
Hi All,

Ian called me tonight and you can all rest assured that he is absolutely fine.  :yahoo:

He has had a major computer melt down and is waiting for his PC to be returned from the repair shop. His employer has recently had a clamp down on personal use of work computers thus preventing him from sneaking onto to GPWiz from there. He could have used a library of course but I doubt he knows what one is.  :P

Ian was 'chuffed' about the concern from all the members and asked to wish you all well. He also asked me to pass on Birthday wishes to both Dare and Cos.

Needless to say he was just settling down to a nice drink in celebration of his Birthday. All being well, our Ian should be back on line abusing us all at the weekend.

Good news indeed. :good:

Wizzo

Online Dare

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 07:15:07 PM »
Thanks Wiz,what punishment do you
reccomend for making us worry this.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle