collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 545
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Super Aguri eye F1 return  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Dare

Super Aguri eye F1 return
« on: May 06, 2009, 01:54:56 PM »
This should make a few people happy

Wednesday 6th May 2009    Planet F1

The FIA's proposed budget cap looks like it is having the desired effect as several teams are considering a return to Formula One.

Super Aguri have become the latest team to hint that they might give F1 another go next season.

The Honda-powered team withdrew from last year's Championship after running into financial difficulties. However, former team owner Aguri Suzuki has told Japanese media that a return to F1 could be on the cards.

"If it's physically possible I would certainly like to (return to Formula One)," Suzuki told the Sankei Sports.

Prodrive and Lola have already indicated that they are tempted to return after the FIA decided to implement a £40million budget cap.

The FIA also announced there would be space for three new teams on the 2010 grid, potentially increasing the number of cars to 26.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

Re: Super Aguri eye F1 return
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 05:25:19 PM »
Will they have to wait for TV money too?

I'm looking forward to grid of 26 competitive cars!

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 05:28:31 PM »
Will they have to wait for TV money too?

I'm looking forward to grid of 26 competitive cars!

How would you feel about unlimited teams with
only the top 26 cars being in the race?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »
How would you feel about unlimited teams with
only the top 26 cars being in the race?

Or the return of the 107% rule?

Unlimited entries would go against the saving money/being green thing though.  All that money and fuel to ship a car/team that doesn't race?

From a spectators point of view though, I'd love to see it!

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 10:55:43 AM »
I would like unlimited entries with everyone allowed to race.
With the blue flag system, back-markers almost have to jump off the road so more cars (even if they were slower) would not pose a problem.
For us spectators, there would be more to see and hear.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 12:03:31 PM »
One of the major limiting factors is the lack of pit and garage space. The circuits only have so many spaces, and many have little if any room for more.

Few sponsors would put large amounts of money into a car that wasn't assured of a spot on the grid. Add in the cost of shipping cars, crew and kit off to the far corners of the world and the idea of doing it like they used to quickly disappears.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 12:44:45 PM »
Super Aguri, Prodrive, Lola, USGP... 4 teams, 3 slots, who's going to get them?

Is there a chance Bernie might toss out an existing team to make room?  (Red Bull DOES own 2 teams, and it's my understanding that Brawn is still in a tenuous position)

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 07:30:10 PM »
I think SA would be the loser among those four.  Most importantly because of the lack of backing (unless of course Honda saw it as a way to jump back in now that they see they jumped out at the wrong point).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 10:41:40 PM »
Circuits are only licensed to practise 30 cars and race 26 although that has probably been cut since the stupid franchise system was introduced.

I wonder how many of the new teams that have been announced have been encouraged by Bernie or Max to say that they are going to enter.  USGPE I believe.  Prodrive if they can raise the budget I believe.  All of the others I am extremely dubious about.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 03:03:14 PM »
The number of cars a track may have is limited by the length and width of the track according to a formula specified in Appendix O of the International Sporting Code. 30 practising and 26 racing is the minimum necessary to get the Grade 1 needed to host an F1 race. However, some tracks (like Spa and Shanghai for length and width reasons respectively) could have more than that on track at a time.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle