collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 406
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bahrain Fastest Laps  (Read 5648 times)

Offline Scott

Re: Bahrain Fastest Laps
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2009, 08:33:24 PM »
I had a local Swiss Ferrari fan (under 30) tell me in our hotel tonight that the Brawn car is actually Italian built because Ross Brawn worked at Ferrari for 8 years and learned all his tricks there.  How's that for a psycho Ferrari fan?  The poor guy can't see through the red mist...ok, he was drunk, but still. 

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline johnbull

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2009, 09:17:39 PM »
Aren't Ferrari going to report the matter to the FIA then, as they did with Mc Laren ?
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Dare

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2009, 03:15:28 AM »
I had a local Swiss Ferrari fan (under 30) tell me in our hotel tonight that the Brawn car is actually Italian built because Ross Brawn worked at Ferrari for 8 years and learned all his tricks there.  How's that for a psycho Ferrari fan?  The poor guy can't see through the red mist...ok, he was drunk, but still. 

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I guess that fan thinks Renault is a Italian team too as they came from
Benetton which is also Italian
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2009, 06:48:18 AM »
That's a no brained...of course it's Italian.  Flavio's the boss and he comes from Italy so therefore it's a Ferrari
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2009, 11:46:14 AM »
Toyota is successful in NASCAR because all they supply are engines, most definitely not '55 Chevy V8s, some technical expertise, and of course bags of money. The engine may be a pushrod design, but it is very modern otherwise and produces more power than the others, who are scrambling to catch up. Toyota was also successful in IMSA GTP racing, largely because they turned the project over to Dan Gurney and the crew at All-American racing. If you never saw the Toyota Eagle MK III you missed out on an awe inspiring race car. They set records at almost every track they ran on, absolute records, faster than Indy cars, the old Can-Am cars, everything. Truly amazing.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2009, 05:54:25 PM »
I don't know how much time you've spent around NASCAR shops, but my family and I have been involved with stock car racing since the 1950's. The current crop of engines are EXTREMELY standardized. Some engine parts, such as carbs, are issued by NASCAR and sealed.

As far as the others "scrambling to catch up," only one Toy driver, Kyle Busch, has won a Cup race all season. There are only 3 Toys in the top 15.

I saw the Eagle Mk III race. The main thing I remember about it was the shortly after its arrival, the fan base for IMSA GTP collapsed and the series only survived by becoming the ALMS.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 02:37:43 AM »
Considering that Toyota has only 1 truly 1st rate team. Gibbs racing, three in the top 15 ain't bad. IMSA collapsed because Porsche, Nissan and Jaguar couldn't or wouldn't produce cars to compete with the Eagles. No competition, no racing. And it was reborn, still as IMSA with Ferrari 333SP, Riley, and other open sports cars competing as WSC entries. I have no love for Toyota, but like Honda in the past they seem very good at engines and leaving the rest to others.

Lonny
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle