in Grand Prix lack a lot,you've gotta love
    those old f1 cars :D

The Monsa scenes show just how hard the
     banking was on the suspensions.Not 100%
     sure but I believe Jackie Stewart did the
     driving for Brian Bedford,that's why his
     charactor always wears full face coverage

Neil.P:
I saw 'Two Lane Blacktop' with James Taylor and Dennis Wilson the other day. Really liked it, made in the early 70's about racing each other along Route 66, the prize being the other person's car.

The film is in the same vain as Vanishing Point and Easy Rider so gets a huge  :good: from me!

Neil.P

Wizzo:

Hopefully if I've been a good boy then Santa will bring me a copy of Grand Prix in the morning - can't wait!

Ian:
 Oh come on you lot, I know it's not f1 but surely the best car sequence has got to be in Bullet, whooaaaar

cosworth151:
Grand Prix. Far and away the best ever.

2nd- LeMans, with Steve McQueen. No noticible plot, but lots of good racing footage. John Frankenheimer wanted McQueen for the lead in Grand Prix, but McQueen wanted to make his own racing movie.

3rd-the 1950's movie The Fast and the Furious. (No relation to the new one) John Ireland stars. Lots of classic sports cars- T series MGs, Jag XK 120s and 150s, TR2s and even a Jowett Jupiter and Nash Healey.

The all time worst is Stalone's "Driven". It was supposed to be an F1 movie, but Bernie said no way. (Even Bernie can be right every so often) That's why Burt is in the wheelchair - He's supposed to be Sir Frank. Gee, I wonder who the German fellow was supposed to be?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version