collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 351
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: What's your favorite Car movie?  (Read 103481 times)

Online Dare

Re: What's your favorite Car movie?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 06:34:40 PM »

Have to agree Cosworth on Driven,not only
   one of the worse car movies ever made,but
   one of the worse movies ever made.

Winning with Paul Newman is fairly good
   with some excellent race footage.

Still waiting for a Wizard review of Grand Prix :yahoo:
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 08:58:40 AM »

I haven't got round to watching it yet  :( I cheated and watched the first 15 minutes or so which made it worse and now I REALLY want to watch it.

The trouble I have is finding a couple of hours on my own!  ::)

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline romephius

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »
After this bit of advice it will be clear to the world why i am still single......Wizard, mate you gotta send the little missus out shopping for groceries and let her shop for a new pair of shoes, by my estimation that should get you at least 2-3 hours..........that's just for the shoes :P

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 09:32:50 AM »

The bad news is she can't drive so I have to accompany her on every shopping trip  :'( oh my god, my life's such a mess!  ::)

The funny thing is, she suggested watching a film at the weekend. I suggest what about Grand Prix that you bought me for Christmas?  :)
You've watched it she replies
WHAT!?  :o I watched 15 minutes of it before you dragged me away to do some odd job.  >:(
Oh, well we don't want to watch that now, what else is there.

So I made her watch Snakes on a Plane - bad film but she hates snakes - so it's not all bad.  :D

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline romephius

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 12:43:43 PM »
A new movie for this list..........Talledega Nights..........I just love that movie........ :DD

Rom

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 12:46:33 PM »

If you're like me Rom and you like Futurerama and the Simpsons Rom then you must love comedy films.

Seen any good ones lately?

Wizzo

Offline romephius

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 12:49:26 PM »
Mate I own the entire series of Futurama, all available episodes of Family Guy, all available episodes of Scrubs and several other comedies, but I actually have more espionage thrillers than comedy.......

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 01:19:55 PM »

I have only just got into 'Family Guy' It is shown late at night here in the UK and I have only been watching it for a few weeks but I love it! Its laugh out loud and the wife loves it too!

Wizzo

CrazyHorse

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 08:50:12 PM »
Ronin. although its about the the CIA and the Generale de la Securite Exterieure (DGSE - French Secret Service) taking on Irish terrorism its got some of the best car chase scenes i've ever seen.   :good:

different film, but these brothers are on a mission from god

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 08:03:32 AM by CrazyHorse »

Online Dare

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 11:51:00 PM »
Thunder Road,I bet Cos is the only person to have seen this
movie.I;ve seen bits of it but not the whole flick all the'way thru
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Online cosworth151

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 03:11:30 PM »
Thunder Road is my all-time favorite movie. It's the most true to life moonshine running movie ever made. It's Appalachian settings remind me of where I grew up. I've got it on both tape and dvd. Besides the cars, its got Keely Smith :D.

A bit of trivia about the film. Robert Mitchum's younger brother in the film is played by his real life son, James Mitchum. He was a last minute choice. Mitchum wanted Elvis to play the part, and Elvis wanted to do it. Mitchum just could never come to terms with Elvis's long time manager, Colonel Tom Parker.

One of the best car records of all time is Robert Mitchum's "The Ballad of Thunder Road." Oddly, his version isn't used in the film. They use Keely Smith's much slower version.

Ronin has some great car stuff, too. It was director John Frankenheimer's final film. He did a pretty good car film earlier in his life - Grand Prix.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline claw_67

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 06:29:20 AM »
Mad Max.  You gotta love the vehicles in that movie: cobbled-together bits of this and that, heavily armored, jump tanks stuck on wherever they'll fit, and helter-skelter chase scenes with lots of shooting and parts flying off and.. and...

Mel in black leather.

Yeah.

Claw_grrl

Online Dare

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2007, 03:01:34 AM »

Online cosworth151

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2007, 06:17:07 AM »
The Ford GT camera car that was used in making the film, and towed not only Montand and Bedford, but also Antonio Sabato, was driven by former WDC Phil Hill. Hill also played driver Tim Randolph.

Voice over artist Paul Frees was best know for another voice he did. So if Izo Yamura sometimes sounds like Rocky & Bullwinkle's nemesis Boris Badenov, now you know why.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 11:49:06 PM »
I'ts not a car movie but I was impressed with a film called Hell Drivers made in the 50's and shown a few years ago on TV. Cowboy truckers working against the clock have a rough and accident prone life but the driving seqences are first class considering the vehicles and the era in which it was made. I think it is a British made film.

Has anyone else seen it?
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle