collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 306
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Barrichello observation  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Dare

Barrichello observation
« on: June 08, 2009, 05:05:17 AM »
I agree,what's your opinion         from Planetf1

Rubens Barrichello, BrawnGP, DNF
If Rubens gets a good start, like he did at Barcelona, it's his natural skill. If he gets a poor one, then his engineers have set the clutch wrong and it's a conspiracy to stop him beating Jenson. "It's frustrating because it's always happening on my side of the garage," he whined after the race. Yes, and there's a reason for that. Because you're on your side of the garage.

He could well have come away from Turkey with a couple of points if he hadn't tried to tyre-lever his way past other drivers in his haste to get back to the front. His attempt to pass Kovalainen on Lap 8 was reminiscent of Yuji Ide in his pomp - a little uncommitted wander up the inside to tap the other car's rear wheel. His attempt to take Sutil after he relegated himself from 12th to 17th was more like ITV's fabulous and much-missed series Formula Women where anarchy reigned at Mallory Park and experienced marshals generally covered their eyes.

This was what could have happened in Australia, but in Melbourne he got away with taking serial liberties.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

Re: Barrichello observation
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 10:56:19 AM »
I don't know...it looked like the same trouble my wife sometimes has when she puts it in third instead of first. 

Almost every passing attempt was half-hearted.  If you are going to try a pass on a corner Rubens, you have to commit and brake a helluva lot later than you were in Turkey.  He should have no excuses in my opinion - after the race Jensen thanked the team for giving him a 'monster of a car'.  I seriously doubt that Rubens' car was any different...the only difference is how each of them rode that monster.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »
Barrichello said over his radio that he didn't have 7th gear. He might have had trouble with the gearbox at the start. On the replay, it sounded like the anti-stall was kicking in. As you said, Scotty, like he was in the wrong gear.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 12:41:30 PM »
It is a team sport... Barichello's success and failure depends on dozens of people.  He won't win alone, and while it's possible to lose alone, usually he'll have help too.

It's my understanding that there are some BAR team members who work mostly with RB, while there are team members who work mostly with JB.  Just like race car drivers, some of these guys will just be better with the car/team than others.  It's possible that RB's people aren't as suited to his style as JB's are.

If he's going to keep publicly accusing his team if mistreating him, he's going to find himself frozen out of any serious team once his contract is up.

Offline Willy

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 07:46:59 PM »
Rubens had a bad start and made many errors in his haste to pass and catch up with where he felt he should be on track.

It may have been the transmision or whatever but it is still the guy who has his bum in the seat who has to put-up or shut-up when it comes down to performance on track.

Rubens has had his time in F1 and this season is just the way of showing him that it's time to let younger blood rule the roost.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 07:15:15 AM »
He needs to start his season completely over, starting at the next race. Something like "Oooo what a pretty racecar. Is it fast, can I try it out?" The more he broods about the conspiracy theory, the more self-fulfilling it will be. He can win with this car.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 02:05:16 PM »
Barrichello said over his radio that he didn't have 7th gear. He might have had trouble with the gearbox at the start. On the replay, it sounded like the anti-stall was kicking in. As you said, Scotty, like he was in the wrong gear.

I think we all heard Barrichello's radio message to the pits advising that he had lost 7th gear.  Strangely, a little while later we were shown an in-car sequence of Rubens' car with the usual instrument display - and it showed the car going into 7th gear easily enough...
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 02:18:27 PM »
Don't go away mad, just go away, would be my response to him.  Why not just forget about any championships and be glad you had such a long career with such amazing people, and made such a mountain of money.  Now walk away and maybe let Ant see what he can do with the Brawn for the rest of the year.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 05:01:24 PM »
Barrichello is still better than a number of other drivers on the grid. With 6 new driver slots opening up next season, I'm sure that there will be a place for Rubino.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 05:23:37 PM »

I think we all heard Barrichello's radio message to the pits advising that he had lost 7th gear.  Strangely, a little while later we were shown an in-car sequence of Rubens' car with the usual instrument display - and it showed the car going into 7th gear easily enough...

An F1 car is crazy complicated, and nowhere near as foolproof as a consumer automobile, or even a Windows computer.  It's quite possible that the car 'thought' it was in 7th, when it wasn't, or that the display itself isn't configured for when 7th isn't working.  The drivers are there because the computers can't do everything.

yet.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 06:38:24 PM »
Actually, modern F1 cars are about as foolproof as it is possible to make anything - hence their unbelievable reliability rate.  It is far more likely that the TV display was wrong, as it has been in the past.  Also possible is that Rubens had lost seventh temporarily and the problem had fixed itself by the time the display was broadcast.  I was merely pointing out the strange anomaly, not implying anything about Barrichello's veracity.
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 07:38:06 PM »
Actually, modern F1 cars are about as foolproof as it is possible to make anything - hence their unbelievable reliability rate.  It is far more likely that the TV display was wrong, as it has been in the past.  Also possible is that Rubens had lost seventh temporarily and the problem had fixed itself by the time the display was broadcast.  I was merely pointing out the strange anomaly, not implying anything about Barrichello's veracity.

I didn't realise you meant the TV graphics.

I'm sure those are less foolproof than an F1 car  :tease:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle