collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 465
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Motor Racing Things I Must Do Before I Die....  (Read 4565 times)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
Motor Racing Things I Must Do Before I Die....
« on: June 26, 2009, 05:23:08 AM »
Just for fun please list the motor race/car things you would love to do.

a few of mine are:

drive a supercar - any - around a favourite track; how about a KOENIGSEGG CCX-R around Bathurst or Brands Hatch or .....................?

drive a NISSAN GTR or PORSCHE CAYMAN S or PORSCHE CARRERA GT or FERRARI FXX around the NURBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE - for at least 10 laps!

attend INDY 500, SEBRING 12 HOUR and LE MANS 24 Heures [including the historics]

own a PORSCHE CAYMAN S

tour the ASTON MARTIN; BENTLEY; McLAREN; MERCEDES et all, factories and museums

interview Sir stirling MOSS over a restaurant dinner

drop into SPA and SILVERSTONE and tour other great tracks

build a component kit car like the ALMAC SABRE S2 [designed in NZ - please go to:

http://www.almac.co.nz/

what are yours?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:08:52 AM by SennaMan »

"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Scott

Re: Motor Racing Things I Must Do Before I Die....
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »
Run down anyone resembling Max Mosley, especially if I happen to be driving around Monaco.
 ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 01:26:31 PM »
to have enough money / time to do 7 out of 8 of your suggestions (I can probably spare enough cash to interview Moss as long as he likes McDonalds)

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 01:31:48 PM »
to have enough money / time to do 7 out of 8 of your suggestions (I can probably spare enough cash to interview Moss as long as he likes McDonalds)

Too bad there's no track days at Indy the oval would
do just fine

Listen to Jackie tell some stories on the F1 drivers
he's known

Blur past a radar cop in a Enzo at top speed and
break his radar gun

Have enough money to hire a good lawyer for above
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 01:49:12 PM »
Ride as co-pilot with a truckie from one of the big teams  to all the European races (with a paddock pass please) for a season.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 01:54:44 PM »
Go pub crawling with Kimi

Spend the Monaco F1 week-end with Alain de Cadenet

An evening with Sir Sterling & Sir Jackie

Go to the 24 Hrs of Le Mans & the GP of Monaco

Drive a Porsche 904 and 917, a Lotus Cosworth 49, a Ford GT Mk IV and a 1963 Falcon rally car.

Force Bernie to spend the entire week-end of the USGP a Indy in the Dollar Inn at Speedway, Indiana.  :yahoo:

Drive the road course at Indy at speed.

Attend Goodwood, both the Revival and the Festival of Speed.

Drive The Tail of the Dragon in a Ferrari California, with the top down and all of the speed cops off at the doughnut shop! ;)

Spend a season as Team Photographer with an F1 team (other than Toy)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 02:00:06 PM »
I'd like to turn a lap on a real race track, in a real race car.  Who wouldn't?

But what I'd seriously like to do is some rally racing!  I don't enjoy watching it so much, as a sport, but damn it looks fun!  I'd especially love to race on the ice!  I'm one of the few people who smiles when it snows, there's nothing like driving on a freshly fallen snow!

Maybe I'll also become a plus sized pit babe ;-)

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 03:37:36 PM »

But what I'd seriously like to do is some rally racing!  I don't enjoy watching it so much, as a sport, but damn it looks fun!  I'd especially love to race on the ice!  I'm one of the few people who smiles when it snows, there's nothing like driving on a freshly fallen snow!

In recent years since giving up serious racing (karting, formula ford & thunder saloons) I have spent a fortune at Palmer Sports so I can continue to drive decent cars like their Le Mans style Jaguars and FPA single seaters, plus I have spent more of the kids' inheritance taking my own car on tracks such as Brands Hatch and Thruxton. In general my performance has always been quite respectable. The one time I tried rallying I seemed to spend most of the time going into the scenery backwards. :fool:

Jeri; you are amongst motor racing enthusiasts.....we love curves!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 03:56:56 PM »

In recent years since giving up serious racing (karting, formula ford & thunder saloons) I have spent a fortune at Palmer Sports so I can continue to drive decent cars like their Le Mans style Jaguars and FPA single seaters, plus I have spent more of the kids' inheritance taking my own car on tracks such as Brands Hatch and Thruxton. In general my performance has always been quite respectable. The one time I tried rallying I seemed to spend most of the time going into the scenery backwards. :fool:

Jeri; you are amongst motor racing enthusiasts.....we love curves!

I'm sure I'd get full value of all safetey equipment and insurance papers if I ever did go rally driving.

I don't know what the roads are like in Britain, but there are a lot of long open country roads in Canada.  It's not the same as having a race car on a race track, but if I get the urge to drive 100 mph, I just need to drive north for about 1/2 hour (40 minutes if I obey the limit...), and I can find a place to let my Fusion stretch its legs for a few seconds. 

If I want twists and turns, it's about an hour north.  Cottage country runs along the edge of the Canadian Shield.  Lots of great roads winding among the rock and woods.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 04:00:07 PM »

We need pictures so we can vote. ;) :good:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 01:56:09 AM »
Monty what car is that in your avatar?can't figure it out
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 10:46:44 AM »

I too would love to have a few laps in an F1 car at a real track. :good:

Trouble is after seeing the Hamster (Richard Hammond) on the TV show Top Gear make such a mess of attempting to drive a Renault F1 car I have my doubt's about my ability to even get one lap in. Maybe therefore I have to settle for a run in an historic GP car, perhaps the Gordan Murray Brabham Fan car or one of Colin's ground effect Lotus', or even a shark nose Ferrari.

I would also like to shadow an F1 driver for the weekend, see how they go about setting the cars up, the highs and lows of practice and quali, the drivers briefings with the stewards and then how they go about the race and then post race.

Some people go on a world cruise well I think I would like a single year world tour taking in every GP, the best seats and staying in good quality hotels of course. I have roughed it enough at motor race meetings over the years.

Oh and as this thread is a little about fantasies as well I would like to be the boss of a F1 team for a while.  :crazy:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

david1275

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 12:01:56 PM »
Now there is a question Sennaman. Here's my wish list.

To compete in national based series like British touring cars or Irish tarmac rally championship.

To follow the F1 circus for a year, every race every lap.

To attend the Le mans 24 hrs, staying trackside in a tent with a BBQ and an ample supply of Corr's.

To drive a Ferrari F1 car round any F1 track. I would let anyone mad enough to let me drive one decide where and which car.

To own a Ferrari road car before I die. I'm working on that one at the moment, not much success so far, but if I could get my kids to stop eating and wearing shoes I would be well on the road by now.

My dinner would be with Michael Schumacher and Ross Brawn in the restaurant in Maranello near the Ferrari factory.

To tour any F1 factory, I will let you guess my preference, but anyone would do.

To restore a Jaguar E-Type to concourse condition.

I could go on and on!!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 02:36:39 PM »

We need pictures so we can vote. ;) :good:

FW14B

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 04:16:07 PM »
Meet Sir Frank Williams
Meet Patrick Head
Drive the FW14B
Go to the Spa GP, Indy 500, Le Mans 24 Hours
Own a significant part of an F1 car (ie a wing) to supplement the gear cog we got when signing up for the Williams fan club
Understand the attraction of NASCAR... I've tried, really I have.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle