collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 340
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 Theme Parks Worldwide  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Wizzo

F1 Theme Parks Worldwide
« on: November 15, 2006, 09:18:10 AM »

Formula 1 as entertainment has taken another step forward with the news that the sport’s commercial boss, Bernie Ecclestone, has cut a deal to develop F1-based Theme Parks worldwide.

The plan to build the first F1 theme park in Dubai was unveiled in October last year, with the property company saying it would spend $360m in the “Formula One World” project. The park is scheduled to open its doors to the public in 2009.

Property investment developer Union Properties has won the exclusive rights to develop more theme parks around the world, even before work has began on the Dubai one.

“This is yet a further commitment and exemplifies the strong business relationship between Union Properties and the F1 Administration,” said Simon Azzam, CEO of Union Properties. “Having the exclusive rights to develop F1 Theme Parks around the world is an exciting challenge and ample reward for all our sustained efforts.

“This proves that our endeavors to maintain a high standard at all times have gained substantial recognition. We are starting in Dubai with the first ever F1 Theme Park, but this will only be one of many that eventually will be developed around the world.”

Ecclestone added, “F1 is a worldwide brand and it is logical that if we do something, it will be for the whole world at large. Our association with Union Properties (UP) means that we will start in Dubai and then together we will see where our next F1 Theme Park will be.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: F1 Theme Parks Worldwide
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »
Does anybody have any idea where this Worldwide F1 theme park is currently being made? Has anyone of those many been opened yet? I wonder whether the one in Dubai does exist or not.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »
Yeah, after the Ferrari park I don't think anyone has started an F1 theme park unless you include the Mclaren HQ  ;) ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 07:03:53 PM »
Yeah, after the Ferrari park I don't think anyone has started an F1 theme park unless you include the Mclaren HQ  ;) ;)

Ferrari World is not an F1 theme park Scotty, its a park to celebrate Ferrari, the F1 heritage as well as the cars  :P :P

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:34:41 PM by F1fanaticBD »

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 07:10:54 PM »
Oddly, my original reply to you, BD, the one that Scott refers to, is gone. In it, I mentioned Ferrari World at the track in Abu Dhabi. It even calls itself "the world's largest indoor theme park."
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 07:37:29 PM »
Oddly, my original reply to you, BD, the one that Scott refers to, is gone. In it, I mentioned Ferrari World at the track in Abu Dhabi. It even calls itself "the world's largest indoor theme park."

You want to say Cossie, there was suppose to be an F1 theme park of Ferrari, and it is not anymore? :'( :'(

I will try to find my solace in Ferrari World  :( :(

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 08:45:06 PM »
Bernie was supposed to bring us F1 in HD, but he messed that up too.  Finally we have it, but years after other sports already had HD.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 03:14:04 AM »
I can't picture an F1 theme park standing on its own.

Certainly not something the magnitude of Disney or Legoland... and I can't imagine Bernie selling out the F1 name to be something smaller.

I'd think F1 would be best off by liscencing  an area of a theme park, like Harry Potter at Universal Studios.

It's Bernie's modus operandi... slap the F1 name on and let someone else do the work :)

vintly

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 08:29:57 AM »
The whole idea of an F1 theme park sounds horrid to me. A grotesque homage to itself with the sole purpose of fleecing you for as much money as possible, whilst at the same time ramming home as much branding and corporate imagery into your brain as possible. Yuk.

The feedback I've ever heard about Ferrari World is negative in the extreme - I've no doubt this will be the same. Shudders...

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 10:17:51 AM »
LOL - Vintly, look at the date of the first post.  BD is digging deep for old posts to respond to and see what has happened in between.  Bernie promised this back in 2006.

But you have a point, just look at Disney.  ;) ;)

vintly

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 10:59:05 AM »
Ah yes now I see it was an old post originally, the recent replies foxed me there, bit slow on a Monday morning...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle