collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 356
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2010 Red Bull to be built around Vettel  (Read 5272 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
2010 Red Bull to be built around Vettel
« on: July 09, 2009, 09:01:49 PM »

Sounds like No 1 status to me despite Christian's denial, mind you it's not an unexpected step since Vettel has a contract for next year but Webber has yet to negotiate a new one.

Next year's Red Bull will ‘inevitably’ be based on the driving style of Sebastian Vettel, team boss Christian Horner has revealed.

To Germany's Abendzeitung newspaper, Horner denied that Vettel has 'number 1' status alongside team-mate Mark Webber.

"The situation is that both drivers are equipped with absolutely identical material and supported equally," he insisted.

"However with the way Sebastian drives, it is logical for a team to develop its car according to his style. And that will inevitably happen in the (2010) RB6," Horner added. 

"Fortunately Mark has a similar style, which makes the development task substantially easier for the team."

With 3.5 points separating Vettel and Webber in the drivers' standings, Horner insists it is too early to favour one over the other for the 2009 title.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

Re: 2010 Red Bull to be built around Vettel
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 10:56:33 PM »
I think as soon as Vettel moved to Red Bull he was the
favored driver.I still believe Webber is equal to Vettel
and may go down as another driver like Amon and
Coulthard who didn't live up to his talent
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 01:59:23 AM »
Webber seems very good at maintaining a quick pace throughout a race, but can't seem to get that Qualifying flyer to start right up front. This won't help.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline mrkjf

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:30:45 AM »

Sounds like No 1 status to me despite Christian's denial, mind you it's not an unexpected step since Vettel has a contract for next year but Webber has yet to negotiate a new one.

Next year's Red Bull will ‘inevitably’ be based on the driving style of Sebastian Vettel, team boss Christian Horner has revealed.

To Germany's Abendzeitung newspaper, Horner denied that Vettel has 'number 1' status alongside team-mate Mark Webber.

"The situation is that both drivers are equipped with absolutely identical material and supported equally," he insisted.

"However with the way Sebastian drives, it is logical for a team to develop its car according to his style. And that will inevitably happen in the (2010) RB6," Horner added. 

"Fortunately Mark has a similar style, which makes the development task substantially easier for the team."

With 3.5 points separating Vettel and Webber in the drivers' standings, Horner insists it is too early to favour one over the other for the 2009 title.

Of cousre it is,Mark "i nearly won once"Webber has been outclassed in every way by Vettel,so with Ferrari looming around RBR need him.
Mrkjf

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 08:25:57 AM »

why do these team managers think we believe their horse s**t?
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 03:36:08 PM »

why do these team managers think we believe their horse s**t?

especially when mark has just wrested pole from RB; JB and his illustrious team mate and what if he wins tomorrow's German GP?

"....With 3.5 points separating Vettel and Webber in the drivers' standings, Horner insists it is too early to favour one over the other for the 2009 title."

of course it is.
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 06:34:55 PM »
Maybe it's a cost savings thing:  Vettel is smaller than Webber, so a car built around him is smaller ;-)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 04:25:48 PM »
They might want to rethink that policy after today's German GP.  :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 04:30:11 PM »
Yeah, congrats to Webber, and don't get too drunk Rom.   :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline romephius

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 10:00:36 PM »
Sadly the race is sunday night for me... but I was up till after 1am I was so wound up from Webbers win, I'll celebrate this weekend.... but today will be the most fun telling all the guys as work "I told you Mark was a race winner, he just needed the luck to be on his side cos he's got the talent"

Rom

WOO HOO WEBBER!!!!   :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 09:30:13 AM »
Sadly the race is sunday night for me... but I was up till after 1am I was so wound up from Webbers win, I'll celebrate this weekend.... but today will be the most fun telling all the guys as work "I told you Mark was a race winner, he just needed the luck to be on his side cos he's got the talent"

Rom

WOO HOO WEBBER!!!!   :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

yeah, go Rom - another point is mark has a decent car at last!

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 09:39:31 AM »
Maybe it's a cost savings thing:  Vettel is smaller than Webber, so a car built around him is smaller ;-)

quite right Jeri, as far as F1 drivers go mark is tall, big and heavier [a disadvantage] so it is easier for RED BULL to build a car around sebastian

and like cossie has already posted, they may be considering changing their policy after mark's domination of the German GP!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 12:22:20 PM »
Add to that the fact that Adrian Newey is known for designing cars with small, cramped cockpits. Mark has had a little trouble fitting into the cars in the past.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 01:49:50 AM »
Even if you reckon them to be similar in talent, Webber's career is mostly behind him, while Vettel's is mostly yet to come. For that reason alone it makes sense to design the car more for Vettel.

Lonny
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle