collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 335
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Barrichello's future at Brawn already in doubt  (Read 6113 times)

Online Jericoke

Re: Barrichello's future at Brawn already in doubt
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 01:36:10 PM »

Most teamates who are holding the other guy up realise that they have to move over unless they will be giving away points from a leading position in the championship, it's a no brainer surely. Especially when there is a potential threat from cars behind catching and taking the both of them, it's a team game after all.

The only exceptions of course is when the team boss want's a particular driver to win to please the sponsors, Eddie Jordan favoured this style along with Ferrari and no doubt others.

Well, given how white those Brawns are, and the fact that Branson is going elsewhere, we can say with certainty that they're not trying to please sponsors.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 04:27:27 PM »
Ant was there on the BBC with Eddie Jordan and David Coultard when they were talking with Sir Frank. I was waiting for a voice from off-camera to say, "Ant, phone call for you from Ross."

Sir Frank did say that Barrichello "sounds like a driver that doesn't have a ride next season."

One thing on Rubens' behalf: At that time, right after the race, I'm not sure he knew about the fuel rig failure. Right after the stop, he was on the radio saying that he thought that they had fueled him to the end of the race.

cossie, during the race i clearly heard his team telling him on the radio he was short fueled due to the back-up fuel system not working properly

mind you that could have been programmed in to get ole ruebens back in and allow jenson to sneak through

but would dear old ross have allowed that or ordered it?

mmmmmm, stranger things have happened methinks as after all jenson was faster and RB was not taking the hint implied in JB's weaving, was he?

"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »
I heard that, too, SM. I'm just not sure that Barrichello always "hears" what he's told. ;)

If I understand correctly, when a fuel rig fails, the team switches to their other car's rig. Since they are computer controlled, Button's rig might have already been set for the amount of fuel that JB was to receive.

This video is from the 2006 season highlights DVD. It explains how the rig works. And,it's really cool! :yahoo:

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 05:42:03 PM »
I heard that, too, SM. I'm just not sure that Barrichello always "hears" what he's told. ;)

If I understand correctly, when a fuel rig fails, the team switches to their other car's rig. Since they are computer controlled, Button's rig might have already been set for the amount of fuel that JB was to receive.

This video is from the 2006 season highlights DVD. It explains how the rig works. And,it's really cool! :yahoo:

great find cossie, and after viewing it  I am convinced RB was set up, as the video shows a fuel technician on a controlling PC alters the load of fuel before it flows

poor ole ruby
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 01:10:52 AM »
Speed showed Rubens stop. They tried to get his rig in the car but nothing happened, so they switched rigs. I don't know how it was programmed but if it was set for 2 laps less for Jenson, then Rubens was 2 laps short. Regardless, if you want to stay on with the team, you don't open your mouth until you speak with Ross and get your facts straight.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 07:28:33 PM »
David Coulthard once observed that Ron Dennis must have had brain fade to go to the press and claim DC had had "brain fade" to start badly before checking with the team (who on that occasion would have told him that faulty electronics were to blame).

It may be worth telling Rubens that the same applies to drivers who implicitly accuse their teams of having brain fade before consulting with said team.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Willy

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 02:15:06 AM »
Most teamates who are holding the other guy up realise that they have to move over unless they will be giving away points from a leading position in the championship, it's a no brainer surely. Especially when there is a potential threat from cars behind catching and taking the both of them, it's a team game after all.

Rubens has been around long enough to know you should move over and let your team mate  through if he is ahead in points and has a faster car. (or is just a better driver)
He did enough of it at Ferrari.
But may be that what gets him, feeling that he had too....

But that's what being a team player is all about, and that is what Ross is paying him to do.

Offline Scott

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 12:08:28 PM »
Why is Rubens the only one in the world who didn't realize that he was graciously kept on when Brawn took over simply because Ross knew he was a good tailgunner?  Ross could have thrown Davidson in there, but he was too much an unknown, so he (probably reluctantly) decided to keep Rubens where he was.  Will someone please tell Rubens that he was not hired to win the championship, or even get close to it, but simply to be a solid backup to Jensen's drive? 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 02:18:40 PM »
Neither driver was hired to take the championship - survival was the only thing on Brawn's radar at the point when they got the most recent version of their contracts. Barrichello has good technical know-how and can keep a decent pace; I don't think his abilities relative to Jenson were considered because Brawn just needed two good drivers at that point.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online Jericoke

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 08:49:17 PM »
Neither driver was hired to take the championship - survival was the only thing on Brawn's radar at the point when they got the most recent version of their contracts. Barrichello has good technical know-how and can keep a decent pace; I don't think his abilities relative to Jenson were considered because Brawn just needed two good drivers at that point.

I don't think many people would dispute they were the best F1 drivers who weren't under contract when Brawn came about.

Online Dare

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 09:37:35 PM »

I don't think many people would dispute they were the best F1 drivers who weren't under contract when Brawn came about.

The fact they had help develop the car was the main reason
both were kept.I don't think anyone had any idea they would
be so dominating in the early races
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 10:46:09 PM »
I agree, Dare.  Which Also points out the fact that Ross and both drivers likely had access to the tylemetry and times during the developement.  Why then is Rubens so surprised that he is the tailgunner?  Certainly Button had the lead in all the test sessions.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 07:47:22 AM »
Test sessions are often about other things than just turning the fastest lap possible. Rubens may not have gotten the OK to do a simulated qualifying run. I doubt he thought Jenson was going to go on a tear. He seems to have backed off on his criticisms anyway. If he can suck it up and post a win or two he'll probably be OK.

Lonny
Lonny

Online Jericoke

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 01:30:29 PM »
I agree, Dare.  Which Also points out the fact that Ross and both drivers likely had access to the tylemetry and times during the developement.  Why then is Rubens so surprised that he is the tailgunner?  Certainly Button had the lead in all the test sessions.

Davidson would have been doing testing too, wouldn't he?

So calling for him to replace Rubens should know exactly how he compares in the Honda/Brawn

Offline Scott

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 10:49:48 PM »
I thought Davidson was dropped by Honda as a test driver at the beginning of last year, so I don't think he ever sat in the Ross Brawn car for 09.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle