collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 324
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: SeaBass Gets the Axe  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Monty

Re: SeaBass Gets the Axe
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 01:14:24 PM »
Montoya is Columbian, and he wasn't well liked in CART either.  He's from a filthy rich Columbian family and is a whiner and a snob.
Other than that you like him? :D

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 01:21:18 PM »
I would not totally be surprised if one of the new teams gave him a drive as he at least now has experience in an F1 car and so that could be useful.  I'd also take him in the second Williams instead of the current number 2.  I still think he has something to offer but got into the wrong seat at the wrong time.

Do you really think Seabass is faster than Nakajima, Williamsfan. I'm not sure too many people in the pit lane would agree with you and certainly not Frank Williams. A lot of of Kazuki's problems in races this year have been caused by poor strategy by the team and I'm sure he will get in the points sometime soon.

To compare their season Nakajima has had 2 car failures this season compared to Bourdais' one and Kazuki has been improving in the later races where as Seabass has been going in reverse race by race.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 01:25:53 PM »
I agree John.  I'd rather see Nakajima stay and see where the Williams car takes him.  He hasn't driven spectacularly, but he's been pretty solid when the car has lasted.

As for Bourdais, if I was him I'd go and punch Alguersuari in the mouth so it swells up and force him to keep his comments to himself.  Who is this kid to bad mouth Bourdais in the press before he's ever set foot in a F1 car to begin with??  He's setting himself up for a big fall if he doesn't do better right from the beginning.  Better to be humble until you know where you rate.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5432637,00.html
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:31:39 PM by ScottyD »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 02:30:46 PM »
I agree, Scotty. I'm now looking forward to seeing Alguersuari get his *ss handed to him in F1. I trust Loeb will be more tactful when he replaces Alguersuari.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 03:30:06 PM »
I agree John.  I'd rather see Nakajima stay and see where the Williams car takes him.  He hasn't driven spectacularly, but he's been pretty solid when the car has lasted.

As for Bourdais, if I was him I'd go and punch Alguersuari in the mouth so it swells up and force him to keep his comments to himself.  Who is this kid to bad mouth Bourdais in the press before he's ever set foot in a F1 car to begin with??  He's setting himself up for a big fall if he doesn't do better right from the beginning.  Better to be humble until you know where you rate.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5432637,00.html

Um... Alguersuari said that he expected more from Bourdais and you're slamming him?  Everyone expected more from Bourdais, that's why he's lost his seat.  Either Bourdais drove his best... and therefore isn't cut out for F1... or he didn't.  Either way, it's hard to argue against his replacement.

What is Alguersauri supposed to say?  He hopes he does a worse job than Bourdais? 

Or do we want to continue along the lines of all F1 drivers saying 'No Comment' whenever the press shows up?

This guy's dream is about to come true, at the expense of someone else's dream.  For a 19 year old, I thought the comments on PlanetF1 were downright sensible.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 04:20:52 PM »

unfortunately he was just not up to it - no need for a reason, his results were pathetic
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline romephius

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 10:28:46 PM »
I for 1 think it's a shame he couldn't come to terms with the car or the style or whatever, because I have seen him race, live at indy on the gold coast and he was outstanding to watch, so precise lap after lap.

Rom

Offline Scott

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 10:42:36 PM »
My point was that until he drives an F1 car in anger, in race conditions, he shouldn't judge another driver.  No comment isn't necessary, but neither is a negative one.  Like you said Jeri, he is lucky to have the seat, so maybe that should have been his comment. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Jericoke

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 11:15:34 PM »
My point was that until he drives an F1 car in anger, in race conditions, he shouldn't judge another driver.  No comment isn't necessary, but neither is a negative one.  Like you said Jeri, he is lucky to have the seat, so maybe that should have been his comment. 

I concur, but still, he didn't really slam Bourdais that badly.  He certainly didn't say anything that anyone else hasn't already said, and I'm sure he's been watching Bourdais closer than anyone!

And he's 19.  We're lucky he spoke in a coherent sentence ;-)

FW14B

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 08:54:45 AM »
I would not totally be surprised if one of the new teams gave him a drive as he at least now has experience in an F1 car and so that could be useful.  I'd also take him in the second Williams instead of the current number 2.  I still think he has something to offer but got into the wrong seat at the wrong time.

Do you really think Seabass is faster than Nakajima, Williamsfan. I'm not sure too many people in the pit lane would agree with you and certainly not Frank Williams. A lot of of Kazuki's problems in races this year have been caused by poor strategy by the team and I'm sure he will get in the points sometime soon.

To compare their season Nakajima has had 2 car failures this season compared to Bourdais' one and Kazuki has been improving in the later races where as Seabass has been going in reverse race by race.

I will gladly admit I've been having a bad couple of days and that probably clouded my judgment somewhat.  I think SeaBass is better than his time in the STR has shown, but there is no conclusive proof that he would be an improvement on Kaz.  Just I am infuriated with Kaz and I am convinced if Toyota were to pull out tomorrow, Sir Frank would be at the door waving goodbye to Nakajima and welcoming in a driver who after the same period of time as SeaBass as really failed to pull up trees in F1.  Let's be  honest, if Nak was driving for Renault, he'd be getting the same criticism as Piquet Jr.  Considering how fast Nico makes the FW31 look, I just expect so much more from Kaz and I think a few points by now would not be out of the question.  He has had bad luck, yes, but sometimes he does not help himself.  Anyway, for those that do not recognise the tin in my picture, it is that of Williams' other Nico, the guy I want to see in the 2nd car!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 03:56:14 PM »
[  Anyway, for those that do not recognise the tin in my picture, it is that of Williams' other Nico, the guy I want to see in the 2nd car!

So you want a new STR strategy for Williams by having all the drivers with the same name, watch out though it's no been too lucky for Torro Rosso. :tease:

Perhaps every team should adpot a lucky name at least then we will know in advance who they can consider for their car. :crazy:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Jericoke

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 04:23:33 PM »
[  Anyway, for those that do not recognise the tin in my picture, it is that of Williams' other Nico, the guy I want to see in the 2nd car!

So you want a new STR strategy for Williams by having all the drivers with the same name, watch out though it's no been too lucky for Torro Rosso. :tease:

Perhaps every team should adpot a lucky name at least then we will know in advance who they can consider for their car. :crazy:

Hey, last names have gotten a lot of people in the F1 door:  Hill, Andretti, Villeneuve, Rosberg and Schumacher come to mind.  Why shouldn't first names get some of the glory too?

Has there ever been a Jerica racing for Ferrari...?  I'd settle for STR, if they hadn't taken Sebastian already.

FW14B

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 05:23:56 PM »

:DD  I think that could do it!  In recent years Williams have tried plenty of others.  Mark was okay, but the car dodgy, Juan Pablo eratic, Alex underwhelming, Antonio slow, Ralf... just Ralf, Jenson unfortunate, Kaz crazy and Nick less than quick at times.  Nico however... That names has done well!  STR will struggle now they're losing the Sebs, but Williams will thrive with the two Nicos!  Let's blow F1 marketing strategy into oblivion also by fielding two Germans!

Offline Willy

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 02:24:11 AM »
Finally, from the reactions of Andretti and Montoya, the Americans do not enjoy the very political environment of F1 and actually prefer the American life.

Andretti made the mistake of trying to commute to work from the US. Bad idea and as mentioned, Montoya was a whiner, snob and felt he was entitled to a bigger entourage then the McLaren sponsors.

If a driver from North or South America wants to compete in Europe he (or she) has to move there and live that lifestyle.

And yes, it is different from what we are used to over here. Subtle differences, but diff non-the-less.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle