collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 138
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13028 Posts
John S John S
11302 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Schumacher rules out Ferrari comeback  (Read 1536 times)

david1275

Schumacher rules out Ferrari comeback
« on: July 26, 2009, 11:39:05 PM »
Interesting story from F1-Live.com. Willi Weber confirming that Michael Schumacher will not and can not step into Massa's race seat if a reserve driver is needed. Which I really hope is not the case and Felipe will be well and ready to race, wishful thinking maybe.

Niki Lauda has a few very harsh words to say about some of the alternatives. :crazy: I would love to see Bourdais jump in a Ferrari for a few races and show his worth, can't see it but it would be nice.

Having already said the scenario was unlikely, Michael Schumacher's manager has now categorically ruled out an imminent return to Formula One for the retired champion.

The 40-year-old has been linked with injured Felipe Massa's Ferrari seat for the forthcoming European Grand Prix and beyond, and triple world champion Niki Lauda for one would like to see it happen.

"Who else?" the great Austrian said at the Hungaroring on Sunday. "There is nobody available anywhere near Michael's performance."

Lauda dismissed Ferrari's test drivers Luca Badoer and Marc Gene as "useless", and slammed suggestions the recently ousted Sebastien Bourdais might be a possibility.

"What do you want to do with Bourdais? I can drive (rather than him)," Lauda said. "Honestly. He is a waste of time - there is no way Ferrari would even consider him when he couldn't perform in a Toro Rosso against Buemi. 

However, as Schumacher issued a message of best wishes for his friend and former team-mate Massa on Sunday, the German's manager put a stop to the rising speculation.

"That Michael is going to make a comeback is ruled out," Willi Weber told Bild newspaper.

The newspaper, raising the possibility that under-fire Renault driver Nelson Piquet might be another possibility, added that Schumacher no longer possesses a Formula One superlicence.

Ferrari spokesman Luca Colajanni said in Hungary: "For that sort of thing (speculation) it is much too early."

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Offline cosworth151

Re: Schumacher rules out Ferrari comeback
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 12:21:47 AM »
Niki Lauda showed how much he knows about running an F1 team when he helped screw up Jaguar. To use a currently popular phrase, I think he should join Bernie and Max for a big mug of STFU.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline mrkjf

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 10:21:03 AM »
Stay in retirement thats what i say and enjoy the family life.As for SB theres no way Ferrari will take him as he couldnt beat an egg with a whisk.Why not try a rookie?Why you may ask,,because they arnt in the hunt for the championship and you  never know a star driver might come out of it in the future.
Mrkjf

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 10:37:41 AM »
Why not Badoer or Gene?  After all, they are the reserve drivers, and certainly know more about the car than any rookie, SB, JV or anyone else not with the team.  They are also hungry for race time and could surprise us all if the Ferrari is finally performing this year. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 12:44:09 PM »
If Ferrari has any sense of history, they'd at least discuss Jacques Villeneuve.  I know they'd gain a bunch more fans in Canada.   :good:

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 12:49:34 PM »
Sense of history vs the few Ferrari's they sell in Canada to me says they won't be bothered.  It certainly isn't worth it to take on a loudmouthed, lazy, greedy whiner even if he has a few moments of brilliance in a car (with plenty of not so brilliant races in between).  Sorry, but I'm a Canadian who is absolutely no fan of JV.  I don't think they are either.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 12:59:46 PM »
Sense of history vs the few Ferrari's they sell in Canada to me says they won't be bothered.  It certainly isn't worth it to take on a loudmouthed, lazy, greedy whiner even if he has a few moments of brilliance in a car (with plenty of not so brilliant races in between).  Sorry, but I'm a Canadian who is absolutely no fan of JV.  I don't think they are either.

I don't expect them to hire JV.  Just given the relationship between Enzo and Gilles, I think it should be discussed, even if it it just to be dismissed.

Online Dare

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 01:02:20 PM »

I don't expect them to hire JV.  Just given the relationship between Enzo and Gilles, I think it should be discussed, even if it it just to be dismissed.

Enzo and Giles are both dead as is Jacques F1 future
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

david1275

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 01:40:21 PM »
Have to agree with Scotty on this one, I too was never a fan of JV for the same reasons. I also know SB hasn't a chance and it would be my view that one of the test drivers should get the job if they are needed, which I hope they are not.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »
Have to agree with Scotty on this one, I too was never a fan of JV for the same reasons. I also know SB hasn't a chance and it would be my view that one of the test drivers should get the job if they are needed, which I hope they are not.

Badeor and Gene have both earned a shot at racing the Ferrari, and as much as I hope they're not needed, I hope they're the ones given fair consideration.

What an awful position for them though!  They're champing at the bit to get an F1 race, and yet they can't possibly enjoy getting it this way.

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 04:35:07 PM »
I can't see Massa back in the car for the next race, even this season.  If he has a fractured skull that needed to be operated on (as reported), then there is no way he will be cleared to race until it has completely healed.  I doubt he'd even want to squeeze into a helmet.

I've had both a fractured cheek bone and fractured skull, and I'm telling you, any sudden movement of the head hurts like crazy for months afterwards.

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »
Now there are reports that his eye was also injured - but they don't know to what extent.  I hope he can race again, but I'd be very surprised if it is this season.

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »
I read a commentary on Planet F1 that suggested that maybe Luca and Flavio are perhaps discussing the possibility of placing Alonzo in the Ferrari for Valencia...now wouldn't THAT be interesting.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »
I read a commentary on Planet F1 that suggested that maybe Luca and Flavio are perhaps discussing the possibility of placing Alonzo in the Ferrari for Valencia...now wouldn't THAT be interesting.

Oh.  I just posted this idea in another thread.  Glad to see I'm not a lone nut ;-)

david1275

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 06:06:25 PM »

Cream Cheese's that would be very interesting.

I hope you are wrong about Massa's eye Scotty.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle