collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 557
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: New Concorde Agreement finally signed  (Read 2004 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
New Concorde Agreement finally signed
« on: August 02, 2009, 12:53:42 PM »

So Toy and Renault have signed up to race in 2010. Max has also had to put his cross on the concorde. BMW is given a bit of time in case they have a plan B.

F1 will stay together now for a few years, lets get on with the racing.

By Matt Beer Autosport.com

The FIA has announced that a new Concorde Agreement has been signed by president Max Mosley, heralding a final resolution to the political rows that rocked Formula 1 in the first half of 2009.

A three-way deal between the FIA, the sport's commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone and the F1 teams, the Concorde Agreement is the document that sets out how F1 is run and its revenues distributed.

The lack of a new Concorde deal had been a key sticking point during the disagreements between the FIA and the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) earlier this season.

"Following approval by the World Motor Sport Council, late last night FIA President Max Mosley signed the 2009 Concorde Agreement, heralding a renewed period of stability for the FIA Formula 1 world championship," said an FIA statement.

"The WMSC has also approved a slightly revised set of stable sporting and technical regulations (to apply from the 2010 championship onwards), which have been agreed by the FIA and the teams and which will be published shortly on the FIA's website.

"The new Concorde Agreement, which runs until 31 December 2012, provides for a continuation of the procedures in the 1998 Concorde Agreement, with decisions taken by working groups and commissions, upon which all teams have voting rights, before going to the WMSC for ratification."

All the teams entered for the 2010 Formula 1 world championship have signed up to the agreement with exception of BMW Sauber.

AUTOSPORT understands that the team has been given a deadline of next Wednesday (5 August) to sign as the German manufacturer decides whether to open the operation up to a potential rescue package following its decision to quit F1 at the end of the season.

The FIA also confirmed that final agreement had been reached on measures for further cost cutting.

"In addition, as agreed in Paris on 24 June 2009, the teams have entered into a resource restriction agreement, which aims to return expenditure to the levels that prevailed in the early 1990s," said the statement.

"With the 2009 Concorde Agreement and the resource restriction agreement in place, the FIA looks forward to a period of stability and prosperity in the FIA Formula 1 world championship."

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
Re: New Concorde Agreement finally signed
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »

yeah, let's go racing.  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo: :D
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 05:07:10 PM »
Two whole seasons of relative stability in F1? I hope so, but I doubt it.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

david1275

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 05:34:13 PM »
What are we all going to talk / bitch about now :DntKnw:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 07:12:22 PM »

Schumi it would seem. ;)
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 07:29:16 AM »

Schumi it would seem. ;)

yeah John, I must admit to mixed feelings about MS filling in for FM.

I mean can michael race 'clean'?
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

david1275

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 10:05:57 AM »
Hey Sennaman you really have it in for one of my hero's. I will admit Michael made some questionable moves during his career, and had a 'anything to win' attitude, in some ways very similar to your hero, whom I will refrain form posting any negative comments about. ;)

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 11:08:37 AM »
He might find that with the new front wings there is less room for rubbing.   ::)

Take it easy David - I think you'll find that almost all of us are excited to have MS racing this season under the circumstances, but as you say, he has made some fairly controversial moves during his career, and that has left a bad taste with many of us, and we feel justified to make negative comments.

But the bottom line is this - there is no other driver who, when asked to put in a few blazing laps for a strategic decision, gets it done like Michael does.  It's a shame he's resorted to some bad decisions with his 'win at all costs' attitude, because even without those moves, he most likely would still have those 7 championships.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 01:53:33 PM »
Schumey is my top man too Dave, if Michael shoved a bar of soap up his bum he would still be called a dirty driver.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 02:13:08 PM »
I don't think Schumacher will need that much of a refresher. Besides, he'll have the whole week-end of the Valencia parade to get the feel of things before the next race at Spa. ;)

As was mentioned elsewhere, I'm more concerned with his physical condition. The G-loading in an F1 car is tremendous, especially on the drivers neck.

Schumi's return makes me wonder about his departure even more. Him being this ready to return makes me think that Ferrari really did push him into retirement.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »
Hey Sennaman you really have it in for one of my hero's. I will admit Michael made some questionable moves during his career, and had a 'anything to win' attitude, in some ways very similar to your hero, whom I will refrain form posting any negative comments about. ;)

quite right too david, I blame the authorities letting ayrton get away with very questionable tactics, [especially against PROST] for MS copying them into an art form and after he 't-boned' JV they had to clamp down on the German wunderkid - and they did.

but one should still be able to call a spade a spade or sleasy tactics as sleasy tactics regardless of who does them

i just am sorry michael with all his driving talent and genius still had to resort to dirty tricks as it blighted his brilliant career and how people remember him

michael is still the most 'professional' F1 driver ever - he raised the 'F1 bar' in much the same way tiger WOODS has done for golf

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 07:11:31 PM »
He might find that with the new front wings there is less room for rubbing.   ::)

Kimi's doing very well playing bumper cars with the F60  ;)

I've seen a few 'greats' who left sport at the top of their game come back a few years later, and it's always exciting.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle