collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 379
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Schumi in for Massa  (Read 11137 times)

Offline Andy B

Schumi in for Massa
« on: July 29, 2009, 06:40:30 PM »
His manager said it would not happen but I think it is great news that Michael Schumacher will take Filipe Massa's seat at least for Valencia.
I'm sure there will be more to this story. :yahoo:

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

Re: Schumi in for Massa
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:09:15 PM »
Well, blow my socks off - I never imagined it would happen.  Well, I guess that is another scenario that will help ticket sales at Valencia.  Can't wait!  Doesn't he have to get a Superlicense?
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 07:27:11 PM »
Wow, excellent news.

Neil.P

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 07:34:53 PM »

He probably does have to apply for a superlicense but should prove no problem for the stewards or FIA or whoever.

Just consider if you had to make a judgement about granting a license to a nineteen year old with no F1 experience or Schumi who would you say is more fit to get the nod to step in mid season?

I for one will be glad to see the main man back and I'm sure if he makes too big a pigs ear of it he will be the first to see the error of coming back and not carry on.

Both Prost and Lauda have made comebacks, cream will always try to rise even if it sometimes finds things in the way.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 08:21:12 PM »
This exciting news.  A silver lining to a dark week in Formula One.

Now we just need to persuade Renault to replace Piquet Jr with Piquet Sr.

FW14B

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »
It is a shame it is in these circumstances, but I cannot wait to see Schumi racing again.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 08:44:25 PM »
This exciting news.  A silver lining to a dark week in Formula One.

Now we just need to persuade Renault to replace Piquet Jr with Piquet Sr.
I bet he would be quicker!! :DD

david1275

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 09:10:21 PM »
I was in a meeting today until 7.30pm and when I got back to the car there was three text messages on my phone telling me the news. I guess my pals know how big a Schumi fan I am.

I can't express how happy I am that we will see Michael Schumacher drive an F1 car again, even if it is for just one race. It is like a dream. I really hope he does well and doesn't wreak the god like status he holds with me. I couldn't bare to see the great man fail.

The greatest driver driving for the greatest team once again. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »
The report said 'Valencia and beyond' meaning likely the rest of the sesaon.  I don't think anyone seriously expects Massa to return this season.  We'll have him battling Kimi, which is going to be absolutely fantastic.  Hamilton always said he's sorry he didn't get to race against him, same with Kubica.  Well, now they will have their chance. 

Let's just hope he behaves  :DntKnw:

Offline greener_09

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 09:44:12 PM »
I was never a fan of schumacher when he was racing probably because he was beating my favourite drivers at the time but i cant wait to see him back. Ive got a funny feeling hes gonna do something spectacular and win the race and prove hes still the best out there. I cant wait for Valencia now its just gonna make the wait seem even longer.

Offline bo bruce

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 11:05:24 PM »
the question has always been.... is it the car, or is it the driver?
 i think we'll soon know :)

imagine how Kimi must be feeling!!

awesome~
hApPy tRaiLs

Online Dare

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 12:15:39 AM »
Best news all year,makes me think  who cares
if BMW is leaving
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 09:12:30 AM »
The only person he has to beat is Kimi anyone else is a bonus.
On the down side I am working so will miss all the practices. :(

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 10:37:03 AM »
Wow, talk about motivation...£3million per race!  He's going to come home with Kimi's paycheque with only half a season of racing.  Plus as a bonus Ferrari will continue his £5m per season advisor's role (I wonder if that includes this season which would mean he easily beats Kimi's annual income this year).

Can't wait for the show...I'm sure Bernie is walking around with a perpetual smile and dollar signs in his eyes for the TV payout...imagine what the merchandising is going to come in at too.  And if by chance he wins all 7 races and Button doesn't get another point and Vettel/Webber only a few, he could actually get the 8th title (ok, I guess that's a bit over the top). 

Sure will take the pressure off the FIA president battle, which hopefully will move to the background for the rest of the season.

And, like Dare said, with this news, I couldn't care a less about BMW leaving (but like Jeri, I won't be buying a BMW anytime soon - I'll stick to my VW, which I can afford).

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 12:30:50 PM »
It will be interesting to see how he does. It's been 2 1/2 years since he last raced in F1, and 4 1/2 since his last championship.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle