collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 338
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Schumi in for Massa  (Read 11149 times)

david1275

Re: Schumi in for Massa
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 12:52:49 PM »
And if by chance he wins all 7 races and Button doesn't get another point and Vettel/Webber only a few, he could actually get the 8th title (ok, I guess that's a bit over the top). 

I was thinking something simalar Scotty, but I didn't have the danglies to post it. It's been a strange year and you just never know :crazy:

Online Jericoke

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 01:37:43 PM »
Best news all year,makes me think  who cares
if BMW is leaving

Certainly couldn't have timed the announcement better.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 01:39:13 PM »
And if by chance he wins all 7 races and Button doesn't get another point and Vettel/Webber only a few, he could actually get the 8th title (ok, I guess that's a bit over the top). 

I was thinking something simalar Scotty, but I didn't have the danglies to post it. It's been a strange year and you just never know :crazy:

Certainly an exciting prospect!

However, it is more realistic to entertain thoughts of a Ferrari WCC.

Even still, I'd like to see Brawn get the constructors... just a little oomph to prove know how counts for something still.

Offline Scott

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 02:54:01 PM »
He just needs to have his front wing element made of iron and he can punt those pesky Brawn's and Red Bull's out of the way.
 >:D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Jericoke

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 03:16:28 PM »
List of challenges for Schumacher:

• Valencia, Singapore and Abu Dhabi are new circuits to him.
  • KERS is new to him.
  • The slick tires are certainly a wild card.  He was the first one testing the new slicks, and he did race on slicks for many years
  • Nobody habitually gets out of the way when a red car appears in their mirrors
  • Despite FIA efforts to slow cars down, Sebastian Bourdais' times this season were better than Michael Schumacher's in 2006

Not that there's any doubt in my mind that Schumi can overcome them.  Just makes for a fascinating narrative.

I wish I could fly to Valencia to watch this all live!!

Online cosworth151

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 03:49:13 PM »
I'm afaird that, unless it rains and Sutil shunts again, Valencia will just be a parade. I hope Schumi is still around for Spa.

Also, since Monaco has already been run, he won't have to worry about mistaking La Rascasse for Park Ferme again!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Andy B

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 03:57:43 PM »
It will be interesting to see how he does. It's been 2 1/2 years since he last raced in F1, and 4 1/2 since his last championship.
But! His last drive in Brazil I believe was one of his best.
After the puncture his pace was stunning although there was no reason to do so.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 05:28:44 PM »
Andy, his last race in Brazil was probably the finest F1 driving I've ever seen :good:

Neil.P

Offline Scott

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 06:36:40 PM »
List of challenges for Schumacher:

• Valencia, Singapore and Abu Dhabi are new circuits to him.
  • KERS is new to him.
  • The slick tires are certainly a wild card.  He was the first one testing the new slicks, and he did race on slicks for many years
  • Nobody habitually gets out of the way when a red car appears in their mirrors
  • Despite FIA efforts to slow cars down, Sebastian Bourdais' times this season were better than Michael Schumacher's in 2006

He has to pass one less Schumacher car this time (Ralf won't be there for the first time in years).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 06:59:53 PM »
He has to pass one less Schumacher car this time (Ralf won't be there for the first time in years).

With all the action in Hungary, Massa's off and Lewis being at the front for a change, etc, I obviously failed to notice Ralf making his way backwards through the field as usual.  :o 

I'll have to visit specsavers sharpish  :D :D :DD

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 12:34:14 AM »
Jeri's list certainly covers most of the salient points. Also, he's never driven this car that I know of, he's not in Schumi shape (this is particularly true of his neck muscles), this is the least competitive Ferrari in years. Lauda and Prost came back to superior cars, MS won't. I admit I never liked MS, frankly I hope he joins Toro Rosso at the back of the grid. As for his being the best driver ever, not even close. Not in my top 5.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Andy B

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »
Well Ik I think Schumi must have read your post he is currently testing driving a 2007 car at Maranello to get miles under his belt to become race fit and has also been spending time on the simulator which will get him up to speed with the new buttons on the steering wheel.
As for your comment about coming back to a lesser car when he joined Ferrari it was a lesser car and he was a key part of their development, as for being at the back of the grid I doubt that even though its possible for a variety of reasons. I, along with many others believe he will get more out of the car so Kimi needs to get his act together which I do think is unlikely.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Online cosworth151

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 01:39:14 PM »
I won't be putting him as my Pole Pick until I see him on track in Friday practice. There's no question that Schumi was the best driver of his day, but I think that day may be gone. His 2006 Brazil race was an epic drive, but most of his drives in 2005 and 2006 were lackluster at best.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online cosworth151

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 01:41:01 PM »
In any case, we'll finally see Schumi vs. Hamilton.  :yahoo:
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »
JEEZ, my greatest ever is back and I'm at work, DEFINITE sickie coming on I think.  :yahoo:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle