collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 536
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: FOTA Members agree to let Schumacher test  (Read 866 times)

david1275

FOTA Members agree to let Schumacher test
« on: August 01, 2009, 07:40:19 PM »
I wouldn't have put a bet on this happening a few days ago. According to this article on the F1 live website all eight FOTA members have come to the decision to let Michael have a run in Felipe's Ferrari F60 to acquaint himself with the car. The decision has been made as a 'sporting gesture' given the unfortunate circumstances of Felipe's accident. I would love to be a spectator at that test!!

FOTA vice-chairman John Howett has confirmed that eight of the ten Formula One teams are happy if Michael Schumacher conducts a one-off test at the wheel of Felipe Massa's F60 Ferrari.

The Italian team had made the request to the teams alliance, as well as the governing FIA and non-FOTA teams Williams and Force India, so that Schumacher has a chance to acquaint with the Maranello-built car prior to his Valencia comeback next month.

"Toyota's understanding is that all FOTA teams have agreed to accept this request," Howett, also president of the Toyota team, is quoted as saying by Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper.

"The situation for Felipe is very unfortunate, and this is a sporting gesture which I am confident Ferrari will respect," he added.

It is believed he is referring to the fact that the teams have asked Ferrari to ensure that Schumacher is simply acquainting with the red car, rather than conducting any sort of technical development work.

The Telegraph said the FIA received the approval of some teams, including Red Bull, "with conditions attached.   

"

Ferrari confirmed that the request was made to the FIA and said it is "waiting for a reply."

40-year-old Schumacher lapped Ferrari's Mugello circuit nearly 70 times on Friday at the wheel of a privately-owned 2007 Ferrari prepared by the team's 'F1 Clienti' division, bypassing the rules preventing in-season testing.

"It's a great thing getting back on the track with an F1 even if this was a car from 2007 from the F1 Clienti department with slicks usually used in GP2 and obviously there is no real point of reference," he is quoted as saying by the Ferrari website.

"After a couple of laps I was able to drive constant times and I'm happy with the performance. Now we've got to see how my body and the muscles respond in the next days," Schumacher added.

D.B. © CAPSIS International
Source: GMM

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle