collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 580
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Gene would have been a better choice  (Read 677 times)

Offline Scott

Gene would have been a better choice
« on: August 12, 2009, 11:29:48 AM »
I agree, plus Gene has raced in the past 10 years - Badoer hasn't.

From Planet F1

Carlos Gracia, president of the Spanish motor sport federation, has slammed Ferrari's decision to select Luca Badoer for the European GP ahead of Marc Gené.

With Felipe Massa recuperating from his crash in Hungary and Michael Schumacher ending his comeback plans due to a neck injury, Ferrari turned to test driver Luca Badoer to fill the void, a move criticised by Gracia.

The Spaniard would have preferred to see his compatriot and Ferrari's other test driver, Marc Gené, in the race seat.

"It is one of the most absurd things which the people in charge of Ferrari have ever decided," Gracia told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"I consider Marc to be better prepared and I would have thought that winning the Le Mans 24 Hours in June would have been an important factor for Ferrari," he added.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Gene would have been a better choice
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 06:29:46 PM »

Would that be the same Carlos who stated a month or so ago that it is not obvious to vote against Max's chosen candidate for FIA presidency. So do I think Luca gives a fying fart what he thinks - I should say not!.

Could it be that Badoer has always been the faster of the two? or does Gene have commitments a bit further into the season. :DntKnw: The team knows both of them well so There must be a reason for one getting the nod over the other.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 06:48:05 PM »
Another report was also saying that Badoer hasn't even been in the F60 at all.  Pre-season testing was done by Gené, Massa and Kimi.  If that's true, how could they know he would be faster (unless he's been faster anytime he jumped into a new Ferrari since the two of them have tested together)?  I have no explanation why Ferrari would choose Badoer over Gené, but maybe like you said Gené has commitments somewhere else during one or two of the upcoming races.  It really doesn't make sense since Ferrari should be trying to please its' new Spanish sponsor as well.  I'm sure it will come out sooner than later. 

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:57:04 PM »
Another report was also saying that Badoer hasn't even been in the F60 at all.  Pre-season testing was done by Gené, Massa and Kimi.  If that's true, how could they know he would be faster (unless he's been faster anytime he jumped into a new Ferrari since the two of them have tested together)?  I have no explanation why Ferrari would choose Badoer over Gené, but maybe like you said Gené has commitments somewhere else during one or two of the upcoming races.  It really doesn't make sense since Ferrari should be trying to please its' new Spanish sponsor as well.  I'm sure it will come out sooner than later. 

Maybe Ferrari doesn't want to upset their future other Spanish driver.

Maybe Fiat stepped in an insisted on the Italian.

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 08:40:10 PM »

Maybe Ferrari doesn't want to upset their future other Spanish driver.

Maybe Fiat stepped in an insisted on the Italian.

If Gene worries Alonzo, then they shouldn't hire Alonzo.  I would have thought having MS back in the cockpit might annoy Alonzo, but certainly not him.

More likely the latter, but I thought Luca was the Chairman of Fiat?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle