collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 147
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16157 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11273 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Williams opposes Schumacher's test  (Read 3155 times)

Offline Monty

Re: Williams opposes Schumacher's test
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 11:21:09 AM »
I have to admit that I hate Ferrari . One of the main reasons I feel this way is because they are so un-sporting and always use the FIA and a distorted view of the rule book to get their own way. They surely cannot be surprised that teams would use the same tactics against them when the chance came along!
I think most of the rules are daft. I have said in the past that the no-testing rule is stupid. However, the rule exists and therefore Ferrari must comply no matter what the circumstances!

I have another issue. The only good thing about Ferrari is Massa. I hate Schumacher more than I hate Ferrari. He is a cheat. That's a fact and not open to discussion (in my world). So anything that impeads his ability to get near the front with the decent drivers suits me fine.

Offline Ian

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »
oh monty dear, how can you hate Schumacher, he is the living embodiment of a racing driver.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 11:23:25 PM »
We can hate petulant behaviour stemming from being told that rules are rules though. A very disagreeable habit on Ferrari's part.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 05:39:21 AM »
Even more of a Todt habit - another reason why his upcoming coronation is something to worry about.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

david1275

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
They have been there from the beginning and shall remain until the end.

Long Live Ferrari :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

As for Michael Schumacher, the man is a racing god, and you will find faults and all every driver on that grid aspires to be like him.

Welcome Back Michael  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline Ian

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 01:34:40 PM »
I'll go along with your 2nd paragraph Dave.  :good:

david1275

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 01:37:23 PM »
I suppose some taste is better than none at all Ian  :tease: :P :tease:

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 06:07:29 PM »
I find it amazing that Ferrari put out the statement they did.  Ho can a team that had an illegal deal with the FIA that allowed it to veto other team's technology complain about any other team not playing fair?  How can a team that went 21 years without winning a title despite having the biggest budget have a go at anyone for not being competitive?  I can understand that they don't like that Williams want to stick to the letter of the rules because Ferrari are not used to having to stick to the same rules as anyone else.

Ferrari have not been in F1 from the begining.  They were not at the first race because Enzo was not happy with the money he was offered.  They have not been there all along either.  They have missed loads of races fue to financial disputes and other political wranglings.  Hence John Surtees clinched his Ferrari world title in a blue and white car.

I hate that Schumacher is back.  The current generation fortunately haven't picked up his bad habits and now he is back to encourage them.

Offline Ian

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 09:05:28 PM »
Hmmm, picking up bad habits, so why did Webber get a drive through penalty, oh yes, for swerving at another car.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 09:24:32 PM »
Yes, the Schumacher Swerve should be banned and EVERY driver that does it should get a drive-thru whether he hits someone or not. I cannot imagine a more dangerous move on the track. I agree 100% with Monty, Schumacher is the embodiment of an arrogant cheat who will hopefully fall flat on his face. He is one of the least worthy WDCs ever and not worthy to carry Clark's baggage. This is probably the only time I have agreed with Frank Williams about anything, but here's to Frank.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 10:11:28 PM »

I think you will find the swerve off the line dates back to Lauda and maybe predates him.

When we consider F1 racing from decades ago we always seem to think they were men and wheel banging, the odd tap and leaning on someone to force them out wide onto the dirt, and I do mean the dirt not just the marbles, were part of the game.

Well nothing has changed you still need to tough it out, it's what team owners expect and it's not bad viewing either.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 10:58:01 PM »
THE SCHUMACHER SWERVE  :fool:. Michael Schumacher is probably the best F1 driver the world is ever going to see, as John said, it predates Michael by years. You don't get to be a 7 times WDC by giving someone space, you say that that space is mine and I'm having it. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Offline Scott

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 09:50:29 AM »
I always thought it was a ballsy move, and it only works if he's in front.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 11:11:14 AM »
Rock on Scotty.  :good:

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 06:55:54 AM »
And what if Webber had knocked the Brawn into the fence and back out into the path of the assembled field bearing down on turn 1? Is a ballsy move worth destroying several F1 cars and possibly injuring a few drivers? Mark said he didn't know Rubens was there, he could have hit him much harder. I don't think I ever saw Clark or Hill swerve over on someone like that, and they were far better drivers than MS and sportsmen as well.

Lonny
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle