collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 362
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: .Quiz for People Who Know Everything  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Dare

.Quiz for People Who Know Everything
« on: August 07, 2009, 11:49:37 PM »

This  is a quiz for people who know everything!  I  found out in a hurry that I didn't.  These are  not trick questions.  They are straight  questions with straight  answers

1.   Name the one sport in which neither the spectators  nor the participants know

the score or the leader  until the contest  ends. 

2.   What famous North American landmark is constantly  moving backward?

3.   Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on  their own for several growing seasons.  All  other vegetables must be replanted every year.   What are the only two perennial  vegetables?

4.   What fruit has its seeds on the  outside? 

5.   In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with  a real pear inside the bottle. 

The pear is  whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't  been cut in any way. 

How did the pear get  inside the bottle?

6.   Only three words in standard English begin with the  letters " dw" and they are all

common words.   Name two of  them.

7.   There are 14 punctuation marks in English  grammar.  Can you name at least half of  them?   

8.   Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold  frozen, canned, processed, cooked,

or in any other  form except fresh.

9.   Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet  beginning with the letter  "S."   

Answers below

Answers  To Quiz:
1.   The one sport in which neither the spectators nor  the participants know the score

or the leader until  the contest ends    Boxing

2.   North American landmark constantly moving backward.   Niagara Falls (The rim is worn

down about two  and a half feet each year because of the millions of  gallons of water

that rush over it every  minute.)

3.   Only two vegetables that can live to produce on  their own for several growing seasons. 

Asparagus and rhubarb.

4.   The fruit with its seeds on the outside.   Strawberry.

5.   How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle?   It grew inside the bottle..  The bottles are 

placed over pear buds when they are small, and are  wired in place on the tree.  The bottle

is left  in place for the entire growing season. When the  pears are ripe, they are snipped

off at the  stems.

6.   Three English words beginning with dw.    Dwarf, dwell and  dwindle.

7.   Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar.   Period, comma, colon, semicolon,

dash, hyphen,  apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point,  quotation mark, brackets,

parenthesis, braces, and  ellipses.

8.   The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen,  canned, processed, cooked, or in any

other form but  fresh.  Lettuce..

9.   Six or more things you can wear on your feet  beginning with "S".
   Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis,  skates, snowshoes, stockings,  stilts.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: .Quiz for People Who Know Everything
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 06:08:37 PM »
Good quiz. I got 1 wrong (I thought sailing because nobody ever seems to know the PY adjustments until several hours after the race, but that's only because they don't use fancy timing systems at the local lake). On 2 I was completely clueless and for some reason thought "dweeb" was part of Standard English, thus getting 6 wrong.

Can anyone beat my 6/9?
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 08:40:10 PM »

Not a chance from this old timer Ali, all I could manage was 3/9, but I take comfort from getting the liquor question right; got to get the important things correct. :tease:

Great quiz Dare.  :good:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 07:05:36 AM »
SIGH! Only 4/9 here.  :-[

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 08:40:11 PM »
4/9  I wouldn't have had a clue about the pear schnapps except we used to sell it, and I asked someone how they did it.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

david1275

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 09:49:57 PM »
4/9 here too. Thick as cold soup!! :DntKnw:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle