collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 598
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Massa confronted Briatore about Piquet crash  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Dare

Massa confronted Briatore about Piquet crash
« on: September 03, 2009, 12:27:58 PM »
assa confronted Briatore about Piquet crash

Massa reportedly has his own suspicions
Felipe Massa suspected Nelson Piquet crashed deliberately at Singapore last year and confronted Flavio Briatore about the incident in person, it has emerged.

It had been presumed in recent days that the source of the accusation must have been Piquet and his famous father, still furious after being recently ousted by Renault boss Briatore. But reports this week suggest that Massa immediately suspected that Piquet had been asked to crash on purpose so that the safety car would emerge and the sister Renault of Fernando Alonso would win the race.

"He crashed in a very strange way," TV Globo commentator Reginaldo Leme is quoted as saying. "It struck me when I was talking recently with Felipe Massa. Felipe had gone to Briatore and said, 'This crash was not right, it happened because you wanted it to'.
Click here to find out more!
"

Leme also said other drivers had been suspicious of the Piquet crash.

Massa had led comfortably from pole position in Singapore last September until the Piquet safety car, but when he made his pitstop he then famously drove away with the fuel hose still attached. He lost the championship to Lewis Hamilton by a single point.

E.A. © CAPSIS International
Source: GMM

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

Re: Massa confronted Briatore about Piquet crash
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 01:29:41 PM »
I wonder why that is even a story.  Who cares what Massa did?  Him confronting Flavio is of no more consequence than any of the media or forum talk at the time.  F1 Live is just stirring the pot.  AutoSport and PlanetF1 didn't even bother to publish it.

In fact if this is the basis for the FIA investigation and not Piquet, it makes the FIA look like a complete joke (nothing new there).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:44:23 PM by ScottyD »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 02:47:11 PM »
I agree, Scotty. Unlike the Piquets, Massa would have no reason for suddenly dropping a dime on Renault at this late date. Since the report seems to have started with TV Globo in Brazil, it could well trying to deflect blame from the local lads.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 02:50:28 PM »
I agree, Scotty. Unlike the Piquets, Massa would have no reason for suddenly dropping a dime on Renault at this late date. Since the report seems to have started with TV Globo in Brazil, it could well trying to deflect blame from the local lads.

Massa's got a lot of free time at home these days.  It's possible he's talking to the media more now than he would normally.  I'm sure there's part of him that's happy to be doing interviews in Portugese instead of German or English or Italian.  I don't think he's causing trouble, just bored, and maybe a little less guarded with his comments than if he was healthy and focused on driving.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle