F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

SPEED, FOX Sign Multi-year Deal to Provide Formula One Coverage

(1/2) > >>

davewilson:
SPEED is teaming with big brother FOX Sports on a new multi-year deal with Formula One Management to provide complete coverage of the FIA Formula One World Championship™ racing through 2009, with FOX broadcasting four events each season, including live coverage of the U.S. Grand Prix and Canadian Grand Prix. SPEED will air the remaining 13 events live, including the famed Grand Prix of Monaco.

“SPEED has served F1 fans for 11 consecutive seasons with live coverage of racing, practice and qualifying, but this new deal will bring unprecedented consistency and exposure to the North American television audience,” said Hunter Nickell, SPEED Executive VP and General Manager. “With FOX adding muscle to the North American events and the experienced SPEED announce team calling the entire race season, it will be the coolest year ever to be an F1 fan on this continent.”

"Just as NASCAR grips America, Formula One grips the rest of the world,” said FOX Sports chairman David Hill. “FOX Sports is thrilled to be working with our brothers at SPEED to broadcast four of the world's best open wheel races to 110 million Americans for the next several years."

Recently signed to multi-year contracts with SPEED, the on-air team for both networks will be lead by veteran broadcaster Bob Varsha, with analysis from former F1 driver David Hobbs and former F1 mechanic Steve Matchett. Formula One journalist Peter Windsor will provide reports from the pits and starting grid.

In 2007, FOX will provide live coverage of the U.S. Grand Prix and Canadian Grand Prix, plus taped coverage of the British Grand Prix and French Grand Prix. SPEED will provide live coverage of qualifying and practice for the entire season.

“The combination of SPEED’s unequaled expertise in Formula One and Fox Sports’ clear-cut position as the leader in innovative motor sports coverage will come together to present F1 at a level to match the incredible competition on the track,” said Rick Miner, SVP Production and Executive Producer of Formula One™ on SPEED.

The 2007 Formula One™ television schedule (all races to be shown live except French GP and British GP):

March 18 – Australia (SPEED)
April 8 – Malaysia (SPEED)
April 15 – Bahrain (SPEED)
May 13 – Spain (SPEED)
May 27 – Monaco (SPEED)
June 10 – Canada (FOX)
June 17 – United States (FOX)
July 1 – France (FOX)
July 8 – United Kingdom (FOX)
July 22 – Germany (SPEED)
Aug. 5 – Hungary (SPEED)
Aug. 26 – Turkey (SPEED)
Sept. 9 – Italy (SPEED)
Sept. 16 – Belgium (SPEED)
Sept. 30 – Japan (SPEED)
Oct. 7 – China (SPEED)
Oct. 21 – Brazil (SPEED)

In addition to coverage of Formula One, the new agreement also includes

SPEED coverage of GP2 Series™ racing, as well as broadband rights to the USGP for SPEED On-Board Pass access to on-board cameras.

The Stig

Ian:
 :o , did I read that right, NO live British GP

davewilson:
Yes But You Can Get It On Fox

Regards

The Stig

Ian:
 Stig me old mate, fick or wot, but wot is 'fox' when it's out  :-[  :confused:

davewilson:
Ian,    Fox is a broadband casting network company in America
It is set up as a view on demand site and can be viewed if you go to fox.com
I will imagine it all depends on the reception you are on at present,but i hope you will be able to link with transmissions through you're dish or cable or computer. I will investigate more for you

Hope This Helps
The Stig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version