collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 388
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Force India confirms Liuzzi in second car  (Read 3236 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Force India confirms Liuzzi in second car
« on: September 07, 2009, 10:40:22 AM »

Lets hope Tonio can be a bit more competitive than Badoer. I was going to have Fisi as my pick for pole at Monza in the FIF1, but I just can't see Luizzi acheiving it.

By Pablo Elizalde, Today, Autosport.

The Force India team has confirmed reserve driver Vitantonio Liuzzi will replace Giancarlo Fisichella from the Italian Grand Prix this weekend.

Fisichella left the team last week to drive for Ferrari, and it was expected Liuzzi would take his compatriot's place at the Silverstone-based squad.

"I'm delighted to give Tonio the opportunity to get back into a race seat, which I know he has been itching to do for the past two years," said team boss Vijay Mallya.

"Force India is now in a very competitive position and we need a driver who can continue this momentum. This will be the chance for Tonio to demonstrate to both the team and the field that he has the commitment, speed and professionalism to perform and I am sure he will seize this opportunity."

Twenty-eight year-old Liuzzi last raced in Formula 1 at the end of the 2007 season, and has not tested grand prix machinery since November.

The Italian, however, is optimistic he will be able to do a good job to continue with Force India's impressive form.

"I can't wait to get back into the car in race trim, particularly at my home Grand Prix in Monza," he said. "I really appreciate the opportunity Vijay has given me, particularly now Force India has a great car that's performing very well.

"I am confident I can carry on our progress. I'm very motivated, I'm in good shape and hungry to get some more points on the board.

"Although it's unfortunate that this came about as an direct result of Felipe's accident, this is my opportunity to show people what I can do and I'm really looking forward to it."

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

Re: Force India confirms Liuzzi in second car
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 11:56:05 AM »

Lets hope Tonio can be a bit more competitive than Badoer. I was going to have Fisi as my pick for pole at Monza in the FIF1, but I just can't see Luizzi acheiving it.

Let's hope Tonio can be a bit more competitive than he was last time he raced.  For his sake.

I think a KERS car will get the pole at Monza.  The straights are too long.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 07:57:04 PM »
I reckon it was a great shame that Luizzi suffered gearbox problems as I am of the opinion that he would have been in the points. :good:
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 08:36:01 PM »
I am more impressed with Luizzi at the moment than any of the others this year that have stepped into cars they've never driven before - Badoer, Alguersuari, Grosjean.

I hope both he and FIF1 continue their form for the rest of the season (although I guess the low downforce tracks are finished for the year, so it is unlikely).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 08:39:37 PM »
I always rated Luizzi high he just had the bad luck to
be at Red Bull and STR when they were dogs
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle