collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 382
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Head of Spains m/sport: Piquet should not have immunity  (Read 749 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Head of Spains m/sport: Piquet should not have immunity
« on: September 19, 2009, 07:17:22 PM »

Carlos has a few choice things to say about Piquet Minimus, and even more on Piquet Max-imus. I agree that the Piquet child has financially benefited from what he claims happened so why no punishment?

I also like the other statistic about 17 shunts at Renault by Piquet, that must be more than half his races so he certainly is no stranger to crashing. How can anyone be sure what is real? 

By Pablo Elizalde and Matt Beer, Today, Autosport.

Carlos Gracia, the head of the Spanish motorsport federation, has criticised the FIA for granting immunity to Nelson Piquet Jr in the Renault race-fixing case.

Although Renault remains liable to sanctions from the governing body when it appears before the World Motor Sport Council in Paris on Monday, Piquet was given immunity from any punishment when he agreed to make a statement to the FIA about events in last year's Singapore Grand Prix.

Gracia believes Piquet is equally culpable in the affair and should also face the hearing.

"This kid, if it was up to me, wouldn't be allowed to walk blind people on the sidewalk," Gracia told Spanish radio station Onda Cero. "It's such yobbish behaviour from which he has also benefited, because, like he says in his sworn statement, he did it so he would get a contract renewal for 2009, and he will be paid until the end of the year.

"In that case this is a person should not only be sanctioned by the Council and the FIA, but he should also be prosecuted in an ordinary court.

"I found out through the press that Mr Nelsinho was going to get immunity. It would be a total shamelessness if this happened in the FIA."

He also criticised Piquet's triple world champion Nelson Piquet Senior's handling of the scandal, and the younger Piquet's performances at Renault.

"He is a silly kid who doesn't know if he has pushed the throttle or not, because it's no coincidence that he's had 17 accidents since he's been at Renault," said Gracia.

"The father has an uncontrollable kid and he is a resentful parent. And when they turn the fan on, they try to get the s**t to hit as many people as possible."

But despite his outspoken comments about the Piquet family, Gracia thinks it is correct that Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds left their positions at the Renault team.

"Renault is a very serious company," he said. "It's a company that has been in the world of motorsport for many years, without any kind of immorality, and if the immorality was caused because of those two gentlemen, then it's a good thing that they are out of Formula 1.

"Because be it Flavio Briatore, as big as his name is, or be it the engineer, what's clear is that we don't want these people in Formula 1."

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

FW14B

Re: Head of Spains m/sport: Piquet should not have immunity
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 08:32:39 PM »
I found it an interesting point of view.  Piquet Jr was surely only offered immunity to get at Briatore, the guy has clearly shown he is a dubious character and should be punished accordingly.  Hopefully he has no future in top class racing, that would be a decent start for punishment.

david1275

Re: Head of Spains m/sport: Piquet should not have immunity
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 09:50:58 AM »
Have to say I agree with Mr. Gracia. I think Piquet Jr should be investigated and made pay for his actions whether or not he was ordered to carry them out. The only reason he was offered immunity by the FIA was so that Max could get his revenge on Flavio, normally the book would have been thrown at him. This makes me want to see David Richards as his replacement so Max would get to see one nemesis out and another in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle