collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 529
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Richards to Renault?  (Read 6140 times)

Offline Chris Borg

Richards to Renault?
« on: September 16, 2009, 07:25:34 PM »
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=39028

This sounds like a good move, any thoughts, anyone.

You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Scott

Re: Richards to Renault?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 07:46:23 PM »
 :good: :good: :good:

Great decision, but they might want to delay the announcement until after the WMC hearing.  I understand Max and DR don't exactly see eye to eye (and I'm not talking about their height differences).  If Flav goes, at least the cigar chomping Richards will bring a bit of flair back (remember him sending up his personal helicopter to see how close the rain is during a race?).  Plus he's got a good team behind him (ProDrive) to help fill the technical void from Symonds departure as well.

I hope it's true.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 07:58:30 PM »
I am of the opinion that Dave Richards will be the ideal replacement at Renault, and I agree with you that the man has got flair and a natural charisma. However the man has got quite a mountain to climb,with the driver line up as well as Engine development and I am sure that he will be a success.
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 08:02:59 PM »
Someone on PitPass suggested that perhaps this is part of Renault's master plan...bring in Richards and once he is settled, sell him the team.    It's a great way for him to get back into F1 without Max being able to do a thing to stop it.

FW14B

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:05:44 PM »
I can see the logic Scotty, Prodrive want in to F1, what better way to do it than to get Richards to be the top man at Renault first?  It makes great sense and I think DR can be a great force for the team. 

david1275

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 08:31:46 PM »
Sorry to hear the other news, but this sort of makes up for it. Good Luck Dave Richards, smoke a cigar for me :good:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 09:53:42 PM »
Someone on PitPass suggested that perhaps this is part of Renault's master plan...bring in Richards and once he is settled, sell him the team.    It's a great way for him to get back into F1 without Max being able to do a thing to stop it.

Sounds like a plan to me as well Scot.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 08:09:24 PM »
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 09:58:44 PM »
I hope it is Prost maybe the time is right
for his return to F1.

Maybe he could be a test and reserve driver as
well to hold costs down
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 07:21:39 AM »
I hope it's Richards.  Prost was a great driver, but leave the managing to the managers.  Plus Richards has the resources to bring along a technical team to make up for Symonds departure.

FW14B

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 08:28:22 AM »
I think there could be a place for the both of them if managed correctly.  I've seen the Prost rumours but I think Davids has a better track record.  However, if they had AP as some kind of driver manager or involved with strategy, la professeur could make a difference.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 04:50:17 PM by Williamsfan »

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 02:05:33 PM »
I can understand why Renault would want to go with a great French champion. In light of how things went with Prost's own team, I think Richards would be a better choice.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 08:47:42 PM »
http://www.f1technical.net/news/13366?sid=a21d8a17d63d11b1358d89acbdb606fa

It seems as though Prost is the Favourite to take over at Renault.
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 09:03:24 AM »
I don't read it that way.  I read it as Prost waiting to be handed the keys, but nobody has called yet.  I think the story about Richards being seen going in and out of Enstone as far more credible and likely.  Richards would bring far more experience and a massive technical team.  I don' think that a story Prost has manufactured shows anything but his expected coronation.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 02:00:03 PM »
I don't read it that way.  I read it as Prost waiting to be handed the keys, but nobody has called yet.  I think the story about Richards being seen going in and out of Enstone as far more credible and likely.  Richards would bring far more experience and a massive technical team.  I don' think that a story Prost has manufactured shows anything but his expected coronation.

I haven't read the stories, as you point out, we're talking about speculation and self promotion.  Is it possible for Richards and Prost to work together?  Certainly most teams operate with one guy at the top, and then the guy below him is really in charge.  Prost brings the name, the history, the 'glamour' of F1, while Richards would bring in the expertise of running a team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle