collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 574
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso summoned to crash-gate hearing.  (Read 741 times)

david1275

Alonso summoned to crash-gate hearing.
« on: September 20, 2009, 10:20:10 AM »
Like Ian I am a Alonso convert, I never liked the guy in his early days but it obliviously stems for the fact he was beating Ferrari. However, I have come to respect him and possibly like him as a driver, and this obliviously stems form his links with great team. I really hope he had little or nothing to do with "crash-gate" and doesn't end up in deep water when Piquet Jr is the man that should have to pay the price. I also agree that the WMSC should rule team bosses should not be driver managers as it could be seen as a conflict of interest.

Fernando Alonso has been summoned to Monday's meeting of the World Motor Sport Council, which is set to consider the so-called 'crash-gate' affair in Paris.

British reports including those in the Guardian and Mirror newspapers said the Spaniard learned about the order to appear last Friday and came as a "huge surprise" to him.

Alonso denies being involved in the Singapore 2008 conspiracy, but was a major benefactor of Nelson Piquet's deliberate crash as he won F1's inaugural night race.

Piquet's father, the famous triple world champion, said during his interview with FIA investigators that Alonso must have had knowledge of the attempt to fix the race because otherwise his race strategy made no sense.

But it is also suggested that Alonso will be questioned about his relationship with Flavio Briatore, who has stepped down as Renault's team boss but remains a manager of several drivers.  

It is expected that the World Motor Sport Council will consider the conflict of interest of team bosses also handling active race drivers.

A more specific discussion about Briatore's ongoing involvement in motorsport, including his management firm FFBB or his methods over the years, may also be discussed during Monday's hearing.

It is reported that the 59-year-old Italian will attend the meeting, but the similarly departed Pat Symonds, Renault's former engineering director, will not.

Source: GMM
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 10:26:13 AM by david1275 »

Offline Jericoke

Re: Alonso summoned to crash-gate hearing.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 02:15:24 PM »
I also agree that the WMSC should rule team bosses should not be driver managers as it could be seen as a conflict of interest.

I agree, I was quite surprised that anyone believed that Flavio could represent a driver's best interests.  I thought it was bad enough for Martin Brundle to constantly extol David Coulthard's virtues on international TV  :D

Offline F1Charles

Re: Alonso summoned to crash-gate hearing.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »
No evidence Alonso was involved, this sounds like a procedural thing and more to do with questions about Flav as opposed to Crashgate

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle