collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 497
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Barcelona: Toyota remain in Spain with Jarno and Ralf  (Read 1308 times)

davewilson

Barcelona: Toyota remain in Spain with Jarno and Ralf
« on: December 03, 2006, 08:16:02 PM »

Toyota today completed their first week of pre-season testing at Barcelona, with Ralf Schumacher and Jarno Trulli having the track to themselves following the departure of the other nine teams who tested from Tuesday. Despite having only two cars on track, they achieved the fastest times of the week, with Trulli stopping the clock on 1:15.936, and Schumacher doing so at 1:15.976. All-in-all, it was a very positive day for the team.

As expected, the team continued work on the 2007 Bridgestone tyres. In order to maximise the performance of the new rubber for next season, Ralf and Jarno tried out numerous different set-ups. The team was able to collect plenty of data which bodes well for their next test in Jerez.

“The track temperature this morning was too cold to really do any useful running so we had to wait a bit for it to warm up,“ said Trulli. “Once that happened we were able to resume where we left off yesterday and continue with our tyre testing programme. I had a positive impression of the new tyres and everything seemed to go well. We had a good and learned quite a bit.“

“We had a very good day yesterday but today was a bit more difficult as we had a few problems. Still, everything has been a little bit easier than I was expecting because I expected the new tyres to be a lot harder to drive. I have found in these two days that they are actually quite drivable. I must say I am positively surprised with the tyres,“ commented Ralf. “I am really happy with them, they are good for testing because you can go out every time and do a consistent lap time.“

“The team made some good progress in understanding the 2007 tyres and we're pleased with the consistent behaviour and performance we experienced throughout the week,“ added the team's Chief Test and Race Engineer, Gerd Pfeiffer. “We put in some quite quick lap times and the circuit was for sure in a very good condition after the three-day test this week, with a very high level of grip. Overall we are quite satisfied with the results we have achieved during this test but we still need to be working on improving reliability.“

Toyota, like most other F1 teams, returns to the test track next week in Jerez for a three-day test.

Unofficial times from Barcelona (01/12/2006):
1. Jarno Trulli (Toyota) - 1:15.936, 83 laps
2. Ralf Schumacher (Toyota) - 1:15.976, 48 laps

The Stig
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 08:19:07 PM by The Stig »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle