collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 503
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Jenson Button- World Champion!  (Read 2939 times)

FW14B

Jenson Button- World Champion!
« on: October 18, 2009, 08:20:51 PM »
Congratulations to JB, it's been a long time coming but damn it was worth it  :yahoo:

Also, really good job by everyone in the Brawn team, sensational attitude given the struggles last year, it really is a case of triumph over adversity.  Romance is not yet dead in F1!

Also, I loved the interview with Ross Brawn after the race, seeing how much it meant to him, and the tributes he paid to those he had to let go following the sale by Honda.

Well done to all involved :good:

Offline Neil.P

Re: Jenson Button- World Champion!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 08:33:05 PM »
Yeah, well done to Jenson. He had a very good race in probably my favourite race of the year. :good:

Neil.P

Offline raindancer

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 08:33:57 PM »
Well done Jason ! but some more flair would have been better.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 08:42:51 PM »
Good Evening All,

Well done Jenson Button World Formula 1 World Champio 2009.

Well Done Brawn G.P. Constructors Champions 2009.

Well done Ross Brawn Master Tactician 2009.

Brilliant performance as well as a brilliant effort in their first full season in Formula 1.

Chris.Borg.

Malta.
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 08:50:04 PM »

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Jenson - WDC 09 :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Brawn - Constructors Champs 09  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

....and they did it in the Honda inspired car  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 08:57:39 PM »
Fantastic for the whole team (except maybe Rubens).  was that really a puncture?   ;) ;)

Congrats to Jenson, Big congrats to Brawn and like someone said on chat, I bet there is a kick fest going on in the Honda board room today.  Showed them how to leave F1 with heads held high...unlike BMW.

Sorry for Vettel, but I'm glad Button wrapped it up today.  Better to enjoy the last race with an ear to ear grin rather than sweat and nerves.

WAY TO GO BUTTON AND BRAWN!!   :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

david1275

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »
 :yahoo: :yahoo: Well done Jenson. Well done Brawn GP. :yahoo: :yahoo:

:yahoo: :yahoo: Ross Brawn is a living legend!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

It's hard to believe what this team grew from, the ruins of a broken giant in Honda. Who would have thought in January that they would have made it to the grid in Oz let alone go on to win the WDC and the WCC. Only Ross Brawn could have done it, with the help of Nick Fry to give him credit too. They have an amazing team behind them, and their achievements this year has to be one of the greatest stories to come from F1. Thanks for helping make this a great year for F1 and I hope Ferrari can come back and give you a run for your money next year.

Bet the Honda decision makers feel good tonight. :fool:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 09:35:14 PM by david1275 »

Offline romephius

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 09:39:07 PM »
Well I'm sorry to put a damper on the celebrations.... however.... after reading the story on F1.com, I stand by my remarks that Button is an arrogant little princess.... Proclaiming he was the best all year.... sorry little boy, but your not, you were just lucky enough to be in the team with the best car, with the master tactician Mr Brawn and an amazing team that did what most other teams couldn't.... The only way he could proclaim to be the best was if he had actually performed better in the tougher races for the team, however he languished behind and was out-performed by Barrichello.  And there is something to be said for being a little humble.

Yes he's world champion, and the results I can't argue with, I MUST respect that.  But I will never respect Jenson Button and I still believe he is completely over-rated.

My most heart felt congratulations to Ross Brawn and his team on the constructors title.

This is just my opinion.... and this time I'm not wrong.

Rom  :nono: :nono: :nono:  (shame on egotistical Button)

Offline greener_09

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 09:52:20 PM »
Congratulations jenson despite what people have been saying he's a worthy champion totally proud of a local lad doing well

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 09:58:27 PM »
If I'd a won, I'd also be saying over and over again that I am WC, but gotta agree that him saying that he was the best over 16 races is a bit of a stretch.  Maybe that he was in FRONT of the others over 16 races, but certainly not the best.  However, there have been many worthy champions, and quite a few not so worthy champions...we can all choose where to put Button.  For this finish to the WDC, he gets my congratulations.  He drove a helluva race. 

I hope he doesn't think that it will make Ross budge a penny on contract offers though.  If Ross' sponsors want Jenson enough and want to pick up his race contract fees, a la Ferrari, then let them.  But if you ask me, Ross should put his money back into the car for next year, not Jenson's pocket.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline greener_09

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 10:11:08 PM »
I have to disagree scott jenson was the best driver over 16 races cos he's won the championship we all worship schumacher cos he's done so well in f1 but let's face it he's had the best car for most of his carrer so fair play to jenson for winning this championship by having the best car for the first 7 races well done jenson

Offline Hampster

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 12:41:12 AM »
i thought the race was geat and im made up JB won the WC and that Brawn won the CT.  :good:

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 12:46:04 AM »
Jenson won it fair and square so I think he
deserves congratulation for being the new
WC,they can  never take that from him
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 09:31:37 AM »

well my hat is off to JB; he knew what had to be done and he went and grabbed the race by the scuff of its neck.

I don't think I have ever seen such committed, decisive and precise overtaking as jenson did during the Brazil GP. Simply breath-taking and he is a very worthy World Champion.

Bravo!  :good:
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline littledave

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 10:38:05 AM »
Hi guys and girls!

1st post and a great time to do so!

Congrats to Jenson but the greatest praise has to go to Brawn GP, fantastic job.

The guy won fair and square. It's annoying when people say it's the machinery that did not the driver. Nearly every single World Champion is helped along with the wheels underneath them. It just so happens that this year there have been a lot of cars, being very competitive at different stages, not just the usual Maclaren/Ferrari tussle that we are used to seeing.

Remember not to long a go Kubica led the Championship for a bulk of the season didn't win a race! That’s what F1 is about now with the points system the way it is. Consistency. Jenson has scored in every single race, apart from one race, which he was crashed into!

Defo not up there with the greats, but definitely a worthy champion.

I think this year has been great for F1, apart from the usual pathetic politics that go on, 4 drivers could have won it this year, with none of them being a Ferrari/ Maclaren driver, Jenson came out on top!

P.S. Fantastic race. Skills to Mark Webber and Vettell. Gutted Kubica didn’t win cause I had a bet on him to do so and would have been quids in!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle