collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 487
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Moss honoured by FIA  (Read 1233 times)

davewilson

Moss honoured by FIA
« on: December 10, 2006, 09:21:28 PM »
Sir Stirling Moss joined Michael Schumacher in being honoured with an FIA Gold Medal at the governing body’s end-of-year gala in Monte Carlo on Friday evening.

Nicknamed ‘Mr Motor Racing’, Moss is generally regarded as the greatest grand prix driver never to have won the world championship.

He was also the most versatile driver of his generation, as successful in sportscars and saloon cars as he was in Formula 1.

His grand prix career was ended prematurely by a violent accident in 1962 but he has remained perhaps the sport’s most recognisable face and one of its foremost ambassadors.

“In my career I had 16 Formula 1 race victories and was runner-up in the world championship four times, but this is the first FIA award that I have ever won,” said Moss.

“As such, this award means a lot to me and I am very proud to receive it.”

FIA president Max Mosley added: “There are few drivers in the history of motorsport who have been as deserving of this award as Sir Stirling.

“It is not just his remarkable success across all categories of racing that stands him apart but also his continuing contribution to the promotion of motorsport.”

Stirling news!
Many Congratulations From All At Gp. Wizard. Better Late Then Never!

The Stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle