F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Moss honoured by FIA

(1/1)

davewilson:
Sir Stirling Moss joined Michael Schumacher in being honoured with an FIA Gold Medal at the governing body’s end-of-year gala in Monte Carlo on Friday evening.

Nicknamed ‘Mr Motor Racing’, Moss is generally regarded as the greatest grand prix driver never to have won the world championship.

He was also the most versatile driver of his generation, as successful in sportscars and saloon cars as he was in Formula 1.

His grand prix career was ended prematurely by a violent accident in 1962 but he has remained perhaps the sport’s most recognisable face and one of its foremost ambassadors.

“In my career I had 16 Formula 1 race victories and was runner-up in the world championship four times, but this is the first FIA award that I have ever won,” said Moss.

“As such, this award means a lot to me and I am very proud to receive it.”

FIA president Max Mosley added: “There are few drivers in the history of motorsport who have been as deserving of this award as Sir Stirling.

“It is not just his remarkable success across all categories of racing that stands him apart but also his continuing contribution to the promotion of motorsport.”

Stirling news!
Many Congratulations From All At Gp. Wizard. Better Late Then Never!

The Stig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version