collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 618
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Williams confirm Barrichello and Hulkenberg  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Dare

Williams confirm Barrichello and Hulkenberg
« on: November 02, 2009, 12:45:51 PM »
As expected

Barrichello moving to Williams to join Hulkenberg

Williams has confirmed that Rubens Barrichello will join the team for the 2010 season alongside Nico Hulkenberg who is promoted from his role as test and reserve driver. The team has already confirmed a switch from Toyota to Cosworth engines for next year.

Despite his success with Brawn this year, the impending acquisition of a stake in the team by Mercedes-Benz and the expected arrival of 2009 Williams driver Nico Rosberg, forced Barrichello to look elsewhere.

"Rubens needs no introduction," said Frank Williams. "He is not only the most experienced driver in Formula One, but a passionate and talented driver who fought hard for the drivers' championship this year.”

Having started his Formula One career with Jordan in 1993, his new deal will see him race for the Grove-based team, extending his F1 career to an astonishing 18 seasons and over 300 starts. He has finished second in the championship with Ferrari and third this year with Brawn GP. 

Hulkenberg meanwhile is the protégé of Michael Schumacher’s manager Willi Weber and steps up to Formula One with impressive credentials having taken championship honours in Formula BMW ADAC, A1GP, F3 Euroseries and the GP2 championship.

The confirmation of the Williams line-up means that Toyota favourite Kazuki Nakajima has been dropped by the team after a disappointing second season.

"Nico Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima remain our drivers until the end of 2009 and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their contribution to the team," Williams continued. "Nico and Kazuki have represented AT&T Williams and our partners with dedication, discipline and skill and we wish them every success with their future endeavours."

Earl ALEXANDER
© CAPSIS International 

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

FW14B

Re: Williams confirm Barrichello and Hulkenberg
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:08:53 PM »
Yeah, no surprises but still glad it has been confirmed.  I had hoped to see Heidfeld, but I guess it was not going to happen we'd pair two German drivers together.  So, experience in Rubens and youth in Hulkenberg.  I'll have to change my signature!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 08:20:06 PM »

So the second worst kept secret, Ferd to Ferrari the first, is finally confirmed. That's another part of the jigsaw in place, it only leaves about 15 or sixteen still left to speculate over. :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 08:25:26 PM »
Yeah, no surprises but still glad it has been confirmed.  I had hoped to see Heidfeld, but I guess it was not going to happen we'd pair two German drivers together.  So, experience in Rubens and youth in Hulkenberg.  I'll have to change my signature!

I agree.  I'm getting more and more concerned about Sauber as time goes on.  I hope Heidfeld has a drive next year.  Maybe he'll land at Mclaren after all.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

FW14B

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 08:47:31 PM »
I am worried for them too, I just hope one of the new teams drops out, or some arrangement can be agreed upon by all teams (it's not just my lot who have said no!!!) to let them onto the grid for 2010.  Would much rather have Sauber any of the new lot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle