collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 275
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Will F2 runner up Robert Wickens fit the bill for USF1?  (Read 808 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Will F2 runner up Robert Wickens fit the bill for USF1?
« on: November 15, 2009, 11:42:06 AM »
Well he ticks a lot of the boxes for USF1:- North American, has superlicence and European open wheel experience, so he could be in with as good a shout as anyone.

planetf1.com, Today

Formula Two driver Robert Wickens could make next season's F1 grid after holding "off the record talks" with a few teams.

Wickens, who finished second in this year's Formula Two series, losing out to Andy Soucek, is keen to make the move up to Formula One, but admits finances could put an end to that dream. However, he does have one thing in his favour, a valid FIA superlicence.

Wickens is the only North American driver with the necessary mileage under his belt for the superlicence, which could put him on the list for the new USF1 team.
The Canadian, though, isn't willing to say whether USF1 is one of the teams that have spoken to him.

"I haven't been approached officially, but I have spoken off the record with a few F1 teams," he told Canada's Globe and Mail. "I will be the only North American in 2010 to hold a valid FIA superlicence, which could pay dividends. But we will have to wait and see.

"Basically, if you can't bring any money to the table, you can't get in with one of the new teams and, with the current economy, you aren't going to get a reserve role with any of the other teams.

"I have always said my whole life since I was 10 years old that I just want a career in motorsports. I mean the goal is still F1 and my dream is F1, but in the end, I would rather pay my bills racing than being in an office from nine to five."

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 11:51:09 AM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

Re: Will F2 runner up Robert Wickens fit the bill for USF1?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:50:10 PM »
Ack, never even heard of this fellow.

I don't follow non-F1 very closely, but I guess Canadian sports reporters don't care about non-North American sports either.

Whichever team he does eventually race for, that's the team I'll be cheering on!

Online cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 06:16:25 PM »
Wickens is the only North American driver with the necessary mileage under his belt for the superlicence,

What about Scott Speed?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

FW14B

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 06:37:52 PM »
He probably no longer holds a super license? 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle