F1 News & Discussions > F1 Teams

McLaren Paint Job?

(1/2) > >>

Jericoke:
Now that Mercedes has their very own team, I assume that Brawn/Mercedes will become the Silver Arrows.

As much as I like how the current McLarens look, I can't help but wonder, with McLaren hiring two British drivers, will they paint the MP4-25 British Racing Green?

John S:

--- Quote from: Jericoke on November 19, 2009, 03:05:36 PM ---Now that Mercedes has their very own team, I assume that Brawn/Mercedes will become the Silver Arrows.

As much as I like how the current McLarens look, I can't help but wonder, with McLaren hiring two British drivers, will they paint the MP4-25 British Racing Green?

--- End quote ---

Not a chance of Macca fielding BRG livery Jeri. :nono:

Bruce was a Kiwi so that particular paint job has never been associated with McLaren.

cosworth151:
They're traditional team color was orange. They've even used it on some test cars.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: John S on November 19, 2009, 03:24:57 PM ---
Not a chance of Macca fielding BRG livery Jeri. :nono:

Bruce was a Kiwi so that particular paint job has never been associated with McLaren.

--- End quote ---

I know that Bruce was a Kiwi, but Project 4 was a British team.  The factory is in Britain.  Alonso complained the team was 'too British'.  They've hired two Britons, in a move that many of us thought was a bad idea, but that British patriots are excited about (and rightly so.  I'd love a Canadian team in F1, even if it's a bad idea.)  Button or Hamilton winning the championship in BRG would make them gods in Britain, wouldn't it?  That's worth a break in tradition.

John S:

--- Quote from: cosworth151 on November 19, 2009, 03:37:00 PM ---They're traditional team color was orange. They've even used it on some test cars.

--- End quote ---

They certainly shift enough T shirts and jackets in the dayglo orange colour, probably more than in silver, and merchandising usually reflects a teams preferred colours pretty closely.

Orange and Silver/Grey are seen as modern colours whereas BRG is old fashioned and about heritage, can't see BRG going down to well at the space age McLaren factory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version