collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 272
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Sauber secures 2010 Formula 1 slot  (Read 1140 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Sauber secures 2010 Formula 1 slot
« on: December 03, 2009, 06:14:50 PM »

:yahoo: :yahoo: It's official Sauber have got the 13th slot on the grid.   :yahoo: :yahoo:

By Jonathan Noble Today Autosport.com

Sauber has been granted the final slot on the Formula 1 grid, the FIA has announced, bringing to an end months of uncertainty about the future of the team.

The Swiss-based outfit had been hanging in limbo since the summer following BMW's decision to pull out of F1.

An original deal with Qadbak proved troublesome, especially because it came too late for the team to be guaranteed a place on the original 2010 grid - with the 13th slot having been handed to Lotus.

However, the post-season decision by Toyota to quit F1 handed Sauber a fresh chance to get back on the grid - and its hopes were further boosted when Peter Sauber took over the outfit following the eventual collapse of the deal with Qadbak.

With Toyota having relinquished its entry, the FIA confirmed on Thursday that Sauber's application to join the championship had been successful - meaning the team will be racing in F1 next year.

"The FIA has written to inform BMW Sauber AG that their application for an entry in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship has been successful," said a statement issued by the FIA.

"Subject to their signing the Concorde Agreement, BMW Sauber will be awarded the 13th entry in the Championship, taking the place of the departing Toyota team.

"The FIA has worked closely with the Commercial Rights Holder and the teams involved over recent weeks and is grateful for their support in achieving the best outcome for the sport."

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Sauber secures 2010 Formula 1 slot
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 07:00:25 PM »
Great news! Peter Sauber and his team deserve the spot. I'm a bit surprised to hear this. I've gotten so used to FOM and the FIA always doing the wrong thing, it's amazing to see them both get one right!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »
Months late, but fantastic news.  I wonder if we'll ever find out why it took so long for Todt and the boys to sort it out?

My guess is Heidfeld is going to be back, but regardless, it will be an interesting driver announcement.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 07:23:43 PM »
Yippee! Peter Sauber was an asset to F1 last time he was in the sport and I'm sure he will be again. He knows how to inspire the Hinwil staff too. :)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 08:33:07 PM »
Months late, but fantastic news.  I wonder if we'll ever find out why it took so long for Todt and the boys to sort it out?

Well, Todt's the new guy, he doesn't want a reputation as someone who just rubber stamps any idea that comes along.  There might even be more pressing issues for the president of the FIA. 

Besides, if Todt HAD approved Qadback, how would he look for getting behind such a shadowy bid?  That would make me take my time to ensure that Sauber really does have everything in order.  As painful as the process was as a fan, now I see that the FIA was right to make sure Sauber (the financial entity supporting the team) was legit.

FW14B

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 08:28:46 AM »
It is brilliant news.  Great to see Peter Sauber back in F1 with his own team.  The teams and FIA did the right thing in delaying the Qadbak option but now we have another proper racing team on the grid. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle