collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 157
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16156 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11271 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General F1 Discussion / Re: I'm loosing interest!
« Last post by rmassart on Today at 06:10:50 AM »
I'm more worried about this comment:

With the cars proving near undrivable under the original plans to only run with active rear aerodynamics, further tweaking is necessary – and Newey explained the challenge facing the teams isn’t a small one.

I can imagine, what Newey didn't say was that he's already solved the challenge (and therefore RB will now be a second a lap faster, rather than just half a second...)
« Last post by lkjohnson1950 on Today at 02:49:33 AM »
That is a great commercial. The Ferrari F1 Cars of the early 3 liter formula in the '60's are some of my all time favorites. Love that "bundle of snakes" exhaust.
 :good: :good: :good: :good:
« Last post by Andy B on April 15, 2024, 10:02:30 PM »
Jeri people don't go to F1 just for the sound but the sound is part of F1 look at when turbo's were introduced and the efforts to increase the sound as everyone said they were too quiet.
There is no link between road cars and F1 I do not know of anybody who bought  a type or make of car because its in F1 on the same thing who bought a Toyota because they won Le Mans?
I ride a motorcycle for pleasure and there are electric bikes out there but I do not know anybody who wants one and once of the pleasures of the I.C.E. is its sound.

« Last post by cosworth151 on April 15, 2024, 03:59:35 PM »
The FIA's 2026 F1 Power Unit Regs still list how the ICE should be connected to the clutch and gearbox. Neither would be needed if it were just part of a gen set. I found other articles that say that the elimination of the MGU-H could bring back turbo lag. Again, that wouldn't matter if it was only running a generator or alternator.

I guess it's just another FIA confused mess.
« Last post by Jericoke on April 15, 2024, 01:43:23 PM »
I remember seeing video of Coulthard testing a Williams with a continuously variable transmission.  It sounded very odd, since the revs never dropped for gear changes, and the FIA banned the transmission right away.

F1 cars have changed how they look over the years, why can't they change how they sound?  Running on just gasoline/petrol powered internal combustion engines makes F1 look out of date.  I'd like them to open the formula up to some genuine innovation.  Tell the teams they've got 20 litres (random number) of fuel to go race distance, figure out the rest. 20 litres of gas/petrol?  Biodiesel?  Hydroden?

In the mean time, if people really are only going to F1 for the sound... there are far cheaper options to hear loud cars.
I like the turns 1&2 complex. There's been some good passes done there. The rest of the track is pretty MEH.
General F1 Discussion / I'm loosing interest!
« Last post by Andy B on April 14, 2024, 10:03:07 PM »
I have just read the article below and it see the F1 engines in 2026 are to be electrical generators and will have virtually nothing to compare to road cars which has always been the argument for going down this road.
Maybe one of you knows more about the 2026 regulations but if what I have read in 2026 I maybe watching something else!

https://www.planetf1.com/news/adrian-newey-on-2026-f1-engine-regulations-strange-formula
I really miss Kimi. I haven't missed the Shanghai circuit a bit.

Everyone misses Kimi.  Even people who don't know Kimi, they just don't know what they're missing.

While I agree the Shanghai track doesn't really bring great racing, I do admire they tried something new.  So many tracks are 'inspired by' other tracks.  Obviously the best tracks are the classic tracks that evolved from country roads that people loved racing on, and you can't just whip them up, so I don't mind when people keep trying (instead of creating street races!)
F1 Drivers / Re: There's a new iceman in F1 in Ferrari red overalls
« Last post by cosworth151 on April 14, 2024, 04:03:58 PM »
The next Ferrari pit problem Charles will face:

I really miss Kimi. I haven't missed the Shanghai circuit a bit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle