collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 532
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hi all, I work for BMW Motorsport  (Read 6098 times)

Offline peter_jackson

Hi all, I work for BMW Motorsport
« on: September 24, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »
Hi

I work with Crowne Plaza's digital marketing agency, to help promote their partnership with BMW Motorsport and their sponsorship of the DTM and ALMS.

If anyone is interested in BMW Motorsport as I very much am, send me a reply.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:00:24 PM by peter_jackson »

Offline cosworth151

Re: Hi all, I work for BMW Motorsport
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 04:47:42 PM »
Howdy, Peter. Glad to have you aboard.

We have plenty of sports car racing fan around here, including me. I live about 40 miles away from the RLL shops up in Hilliard. How do you feel about the ALMS/Grand AM merger?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 05:38:19 PM »
Hey Peter...ah, one of the lucky ones - actually found a way to make motorsports pay.   :good: :good:

Welcome - hope you enjoy yourself here....   :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Williamsfan

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 09:15:10 PM »
I like BMW due to Andy Priaulx racing for them.  Also, Crowne Plaza sponsor his DTM car (and sponsored his old WTCC cars).

David

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:30:53 PM »
Welcome to GP Wizard Peter.  :good:

I personally like most forms of motorsport, but my love is for F1 and Ferrari.

vintly

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 03:59:51 PM »
Welcome Peter. You've found a very good forum.

I have no special affinity with BMW but I kinda like Crowne Plaza hotels. Only joking, although we did install some edge-lit panels in their Jaguar Suites bathrooms not so long ago!

Ahem, maybe you'd like some in your BMW suites..

Offline peter_jackson

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 02:11:16 PM »
Howdy, Peter. Glad to have you aboard.

We have plenty of sports car racing fan around here, including me. I live about 40 miles away from the RLL shops up in Hilliard. How do you feel about the ALMS/Grand AM merger?

Hi, thanks for your question.  As I work with Crowne Plaza on their BMW Motorsport partnership, this is our first year with the ALMS so afraid I don’t know about the merger.  Would you be able to share your thoughts, as it would be great to hear from a motorsport fan?  It would interesting to hear what Crowne Plaza think though.  I will ask if they have any official articles and let you know if they have anything. Thanks

Offline peter_jackson

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 02:12:43 PM »
Hey Peter...ah, one of the lucky ones - actually found a way to make motorsports pay.   :good: :good:

Welcome - hope you enjoy yourself here....   :good: :good:

Thanks, I am looking forward to sharing discussions with everyone.. How long have you been following Motorsport? I am working on a competition featuring Andy Priaulx and Joey Hand

Offline peter_jackson

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 02:33:50 PM »
I like BMW due to Andy Priaulx racing for them.  Also, Crowne Plaza sponsor his DTM car (and sponsored his old WTCC cars).

Excellent, I am currently working on a competition with Andy Priaulx.. I would like to share this with you if you would like to learn more

Offline peter_jackson

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 02:36:08 PM »

The F1 is really in its own class I agree.. Very unique and special event. What other Motorsport races do you have a preference to?

Offline peter_jackson

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »
Welcome Peter. You've found a very good forum.

I have no special affinity with BMW but I kinda like Crowne Plaza hotels. Only joking, although we did install some edge-lit panels in their Jaguar Suites bathrooms not so long ago!

Ahem, maybe you'd like some in your BMW suites..

I agree, this is a very active forum, exactly what I was looking for.. We have some interesting activities based on the Crowne Plaza hotels and BMW. Id like to share these with you.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »

Hi, thanks for your question.  As I work with Crowne Plaza on their BMW Motorsport partnership, this is our first year with the ALMS so afraid I don’t know about the merger.  Would you be able to share your thoughts, as it would be great to hear from a motorsport fan?  It would interesting to hear what Crowne Plaza think though.  I will ask if they have any official articles and let you know if they have anything. Thanks

You've come to the right place, Peter. We're always ready to talk about racing around here!

It looks like the one class that is safe is ALMS GT, so the Crowne Plaza/RLL BMW team should be OK. I just hope the link to Le Mans remains, so that the top teams can compete there every June. That's where the prestige and intentional exposure is.

It looks like the ALMS P1 cars may be dead. I'm very sorry to see that. They are the absolute pinnacle of sports car racing. I've heard rumors that they might try to work the NASCAR DP's into the ALMS LMPC and the Grand Am GT's in with the Porsche Cup cars in GTC.

I've never been that fond of Grand Am because of their retro-tech approach. Like most fans, I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude for now. The good news is that everything will stay the same for at least one more season. I hope Crowne Plaza stays with RLL/BMW while things sort themselves out. They are a really fine team.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

David

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »

The F1 is really in its own class I agree.. Very unique and special event. What other Motorsport races do you have a preference to?

Being from Northern Ireland I have an interest in local motorcycle road racing and Rallying. I also like watching touring cars and sports car racing on TV, however I give up that much time for F1 I can never get fully into any other series.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle