collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 366
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 may be dead to true enthusiasts - problem is; nobody cares  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: F1 may be dead to true enthusiasts - problem is; nobody cares
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2021, 10:08:28 PM »
I believe the FIA cheated us out of any champion at all.

The FIA has simply put on a little masquerade for the sake of the cameras and moneymakers. The FIA has broken its own rules so much, and so comprehensively, that I cannot consider either Max or Lewis to be FIA champion. On two separate occasions, both of their lives were endangered in service to the FIA's misconduct. Both were cheated out of their rightful desert and several drivers including both title aspirants nearly got injured as a result. From my reckoning, Max is not World Champion because the moment the FIA decided to pre-select a champion (something that, on retrospective evidence, appears to have happened after Silverstone and before Spa), there was no longer a championship to win in the legal sense of the word.

At this point, any fan who believes a driver (recognised aspirant or otherwise) was champion purely because their heart said so has more credibility with me than the FIA (or anyone who cites the points table as evidence). Fans can write their champions on their own law, don't need or benefit from the FIA's say-so... ...and are in no way bound by the FIA's misconduct. However, that's champion with a small "c", not a capital "C"; any other fan has equal authority to declare a champion on the same basis.

This is what the FIA did to F1 - apparently in cold blood.

Quite a lot of people care - several people I know face-to-face (generally the ones who switched off during the latter stretches of the season, a few of whom admitted to watching the last race anyway) have told me they're done with F1. The only F1 fan I know face-to-face who was unmoved by the whole mess was someone who hasn't watched any F1 races (only Drive to Survive) and hasn't been persuaded to watch any by what she saw on social media. This probably doesn't help the moneymakers much ;)

The audience came, saw F1 faceplant... ...and mostly are going. It's Indy 2005 writ large.

Incidentally, John S, Masi handed out a 2-place grid penalty to Max Verstappen in Qatar, which should have been reversed. (Granted, I feel Max should have been black-flagged for cumulative infractions elsewhere, so probably not much help to him, but even in futile situations, governance integrity is vital). Not to mention his precedent for Mercedes' protest being thrown out at the end of Abu Dhabi of "play on" meaning that he's apparently allowed to do whatever he wants now regardless of what the regulations say he must do.

I don't get to walk away like most of my face-to-face friends that were into F1 have. If the FIA continues like this, drivers will get injured or die from the misconduct. Already, there's the risk of F1 teams quitting and billing the FIA their exit fees. In any of these situations, lawyers may end up contacting me as witness, given precedent - and I must make sure I know enough about the situation to not waste their time.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2021, 07:22:22 PM »
And now I've received abuse on social media from a former F1 journalist for believing the FIA is imperfect - hours after the same journalist was among the many who lauded Nicolas Latifi's astute and diplomatic observations about online hate getting out of hand and needing collective work to remedy.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2021, 01:36:53 AM »
Can't win online, ever.
Lonny

Offline Monty

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2021, 09:30:16 AM »
It is so easy for these hateful; self-opinionated morons to send out abuse to anyone that has a different point of view to them. Keyboard warriors type all sorts on nonsense that they would never say in a face to face meeting. What really worries me is that these people have such closed minds that they do not even consider that a differing point of view might have some merit. We have become aware of the intransigent, border line insane, views expressed by some people when discussing Politics (or more recently vaccinations & what are reasonable protection measures) but you would have thought Sport should somehow be above such nonsense  :fool:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle