Fun Stuff > F1 Grid Game

Early Quali in Imola

(1/2) > >>

John S:
This weekend with pole officially being awarded to actual Quali winner on Friday, not sprint race winner on Sat, will deadline for pole pick need adjusting to a day earlier? 

Dare:
I went by the F1 calendar I use and had it set
at  Friday 4-22.  If that's wrong don't be shy to correct me

John S:
I found the paragrahs below on Formula1 official web site, and it looks like a real dogs dinner.

Maybe it's best to just go along with the winner of Saturday sprint race as pole, after all they will start in P1 on Sunday - although they're not the actual pole winner.  :crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy:

The finishing order of F1 Sprint will continue to define the grid for Sunday’s showpiece event – the Grand Prix, where the traditional format remains unchanged.

Who is awarded pole position?

Last year, the driver who won the Sprint was awarded the honour of pole position.

However, this year, the driver who sets the fastest time in qualifying – which on Sprint weekends takes place on Friday – will be given the accolade.

The driver who takes pole position on Friday will start the Sprint in first position. The driver who wins the Sprint will start P1 in Sunday’s Grand Prix.

Dare:
Thanks John for your hope. In the rules it states

Pole position: 2 points (Driver that starts the race from pole.)  So I hope that settles any confusion that might arise

Dare:
Qualifying sets the grid for the Sprint Race
which sets the grid for the race which determines
pole. Any question ask.

Wiz is going to reset the shot clock but just in case
get your picks in early. You can always change it later

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version