collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics

Which is the best F1 Quali lap ever? by cosworth151
[August 07, 2022, 03:57:06 PM]

Piastri to Mclaren? by John S
[August 06, 2022, 02:02:42 PM]

Piastri to Alpine... or Not? by Jericoke
[August 05, 2022, 02:19:34 PM]

How Vettel annoyed Ferrari by Jericoke
[August 05, 2022, 02:12:55 PM]

Toronto Indy 2022 by cosworth151
[August 04, 2022, 05:05:45 PM]

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 979
  • stats Total Posts: 139368
  • stats Total Topics: 21923
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 20
  • stats Most Online: 846

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
15885 Posts
Scott Scott
14050 Posts
Dare Dare
12769 Posts
John S John S
10879 Posts
Ian Ian
9724 Posts
F1 Forum with chat about the latest Formula 1 news from around the World.

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

Click Here to view as a guest with limited access

Formula 1 Forum
Features Free Member Account
Read Posts
Write Posts
Search Posts
Live F1 Race Chat
Play Grid Game (F1 predictions game)
Use Shout Box
Enter Competitions
Send Private Messages
Special Members Areas
Calendar with Upcoming Events
John S
August 07, 2022, 11:17:41 AM by John S
Views: 46 | Comments: 0

John S
August 06, 2022, 02:39:19 PM by John S
Views: 86 | Comments: 2

Can you guess which driver pulled the most from his car in a quali session at a GP?

You'll probably be suprised like me when the final choice is revealed in this video. Yes of course its hard to be totally objective, but Kevin Turner (Chief Editor at Autosport) makes a really solid case for his selection.

Dare
August 05, 2022, 02:58:26 PM by Dare
Views: 103 | Comments: 4

Is Danny R out or maybe a move to Alpine or Haas

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-daniel-ricciardo-oscar-piastri/
Dare
August 04, 2022, 09:21:38 PM by Dare
Views: 66 | Comments: 2

Maybe they should have listened to him and not say
we don't do it that way here. Looks like it's still going on

https://www.planetf1.com/news/press-officer-sebastian-vettel-annoyed-ferrari/
Jericoke
August 02, 2022, 08:48:33 PM by Jericoke
Views: 153 | Comments: 7

As Alonso moves on to Aston Martin from Alpine, Alpine has announced that Oscar Piastri will join their line up from 2023.

Piastri followed up with an announcement that "...I have not signed a contract with Alpine for 2023. I will not be driving for Alpine next year."

I don't know if Piastri means not driving for Alpine AT ALL in 2023, or just nothing is official right now.

From what I've read, Alpine holds the rights to Piastri racing in F1, but is on record saying they'd let him race at McLaren.  I have no idea if those rights extend to 2023, or if that promise extends to 2023 and he's hoping to get Daniel Ricciardo's seat (which as far as I know is Daniel's right to take).

Is Piastri negotiating through the media?  Has the relationship soured?  Is this just a poorly worded tweet?  Is there a reason why no one wants to be at Alpine?
Jericoke
August 02, 2022, 02:33:00 PM by Jericoke
Views: 136 | Comments: 4

I know that the deal between Ferrari, Formula One Management and the FIA is secret, but as far as I know, Ferrari still gets a Heritage Bonus for being in F1 since the first season.

In the past, Ferrari was important to the sport, being synonymous with fast cars for the world at large, and the Ferrari 'Tifosi' fan base being a very large percentage of F1 fans.  I feel like that under Liberty that F1 has grown beyond the traditional fan base.  Drive to Survive on Netflix has been a big part of that.  Drivers/teams using social media has also been a big driver of the sport.  Like many sports, F1 has become 'personality' driven.  Just looking at how many orange shirts/flares there are at an F1 weekend Max's fans might be challenging the Tifosi for sheer numbers.

However, health of the sport aside, I feel like Ferrari getting a bonus just for showing up is really affecting the team.  Ownership is making money by being in the sport, win or lose.  Sure, they'd like to win, but I feel like as long as they're making money, they're not going to do everything it takes to win.  Taking away the free money for just showing up being Ferrari, and we'll see Ferrari taking a harder look at creating a winning programme and not coasting on 70 years of goodwill.

In the long run, that will be better for Ferrari, as a company, to build that winning culture, and if Ferrari IS still important to the sport, surely a winning Ferrari is more important.
John S
August 01, 2022, 11:17:05 AM by John S
Views: 468 | Comments: 12

|-( :o :swoon:  What more can be said.  :DntKnw:

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/122134/aston-martin-confirms-alonso-as-vettel-s-successor-in-2023.html
Monty
July 31, 2022, 08:05:49 PM by Monty
Views: 472 | Comments: 12

Let me start:
Ferrari - WTF???
Hamilton - could have won if it wasn’t for the Saturday DRS failure
McLaren - strange strategy. They seem to think their only race is with Alpine (and Ricardo had another awful day)
OK Verstappen, in his Red Bull, was clearly the fastest by far. But how lucky is he? Last week, LeClerc had a simple spin on knackered tyres and under immense pressure and he was out of the race; today Verstappen made a rookie mistake and got away with it!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle