collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 376
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Azerbaijan 2022 Heroes and Zeroes  (Read 689 times)

Offline Jericoke

Azerbaijan 2022 Heroes and Zeroes
« on: June 13, 2022, 03:17:19 AM »
Heroes
Max.  He's got spectacular race pace.  He had help from Ferrari, but I have little doubt that if Ferrari had their best possible day, Max would still have been a dozen seconds in the lead at the end.

Perez.  He's not a real contender for the championship, but he's still the best of the rest.  A solid race.

Russel.  Sure Mercedes isn't what he was expecting to be driving, but he's really doing a fantastic job this year.  Podiums in the 5th best car is always something to celebrate.

Hamilton.  He's having  a rough season, but put on the best show of the race.

Alpine.  The car may not be great, but they're able to make it hard to race against.

Zeroes
Ferrari, almost feels like they've got a permanent spot on the 'zeroes' list.  Are we going to see any changes in management?

Latifi.  I'll give any driver the benefit of the doubt.  Even Mazepin (though his off track life certainly burned away any doubt).  Latifi had moments of competence and growth against Russel, but he's being embarrassed by Albon.  I'm a fan of Albon, but I don't know that he's that much better than Russel.

Offline Scott

Re: Azerbaijan 2022 Heroes and Zeroes
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 03:44:30 AM »
I’ll add Vettel to the Heroes simply for his fantastic spin to return to the track.  Lost a few positions, but he didn’t need to find R like so many others who did the same thing over the weekend.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Willy

Re: Azerbaijan 2022 Heroes and Zeroes
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 01:18:10 PM »
I agree Jeri.
Sure saves time writing it all again. Thanks.
Will add that Merc has still not sorted the bouncing issue and it caused Lewis unbelievable back pain for a good deal of the race. Full marks for him holding on and finishing.
I did notice his onboard camera shot from his airbox showed his helmet bouncing around like crazy but the car seemed to be stable or else the image would have shown the background jumping, and it did not. Has Merc installed some sort of suspension system under the seat and it is malfunctioning?
George seems to have a better handle on the car this season than Lewis. Younger reflexes and faster response will do that I'm sure.

Sad to see Bottas out of the points at the end as his poor quaili did not help him and he never recovered.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle